𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 10

♪ I was just a girl, what's the excuse now?
Too regular, this pattern ♪

Eleanor Norris POV

I was pissed, in no way did I ever expect to be insulted for the career that was forced upon me. I never wanted to be this, I was way smarter than I could let on. I stood by the motorhome until practice started and Lando crashed. I felt my heart racing. I ran through the paddock as I looked at the screens, he was fine, he got out on his own foot. It wasn't bad but any accident here could be way more serious.

He went to the medical center so I waited outside, in half an hour he was out and he was talking to some team members until he saw me and I noticed he was surprised.

"Ellie" He stops in his tracks as he says my name.

"Is everything okay?" I ask worriedly and he nods as the other 3 people keep going ahead of us.

"I am, I am released for the second practice, the exams were all good. I was distracted, it was my mistake. I am going for the interviews now and I will meet you at the motorhome if you don't mind," his tone was doubtful but I saw the hope in his eyes.

"Okay," I try to sound indifferent but we both knew that was stupid.

I watched him as he did the interviews. He ended them and he came straight in my direction and held my hand as we made our way through the paddock. We arrived at his room and he closed the door.

"I am so fucking sorry for being such an insufferable person lately. I completely thought you had screwed me over, I don't know why I focused so much on who or why this happened instead of making this bearable for both." He starts explaining as he sits on his couch.

"You thought I made this happen? What the fuck do you think I win by being married to you? Our friendship got blown up. I am being followed around and my privacy is somewhat inexistent, this is fucking hell to me too, Lando!" I raised my voice angrily and he nodded regretfully.

"I mean, you have more followers than ever, more brand deals, more magazine covers. That all equals more money and fame. You had everything to win from this deal. Our wedding pictures were all over the place" He is defensive and I just laugh because it was either that or crying and I won't cry in front of him.

"You still think I was the one who did it so why are you even apologizing? Because you saw me going with Carlos or because I stopped trying? Is it over with Amy? Do you need attention until another one agrees to be a mistress?" I am angry and I am honestly doubting this whole talk.

"Because we were friends and when I saw how sad my childish comment made you feel I knew that I still cared for you even if I shouldn't. I blame you for ruining my life but I still care for you. I can stop being so cold and such an antagonist," his words were honest but it still made my blood boil.

"I am not the one who made this shit happen but I don't care anymore. You have Amy and I have someone else too. Let's be civil and we can divorce whenever the time comes. Leave me alone until then, we were never friends if you think I ruined your life and decided to marry you out of nowhere. This ruined my life more than it ruined yours."

I stormed out after that. There was no point in staying there, there was nothing else that could be said. I don't want fame and I don't need money, my dad has more than enough himself. I never wanted this wedding to happen like this. I had a crush on him, I liked him after so many years of friendship because he was Lando.

He was funny as hell and he always comforted me, even when my parents divorced, even when I was being hated on. He was a good friend until he wasn't. I was done with this. Oscar made me remember what I deserved.

I kept in touch with him, a lot. We met during the week at his apartment in London, it was intense, and we were friends with benefits. I never told him who my husband was because he would probably know who Lando was. He is very funny, very charming, and extremely sweet. We had a lot of dinner at his apartment, which he surprisingly cooked a lot for us. A lot of flowers have been given to me and he is a cuddler.

I didn't care to watch the second practice from the garage, I was way too mad. I stayed in the motorhome, posted some pictures and videos on Instagram, and just waited for Lando to appear. He did so and I left with him.

"Is it Carlos?" He asks out of nowhere as we head to the car and I look confusedly at him.

"What?"

"The guy you are seeing," he says clearly nervous as he plays with his ring and I shake my head.

"No, it isn't any of your friends. Don't worry about it," I spit the words at him with anger. I can have friends, he has no right to accuse me and Carlos of anything.

"Does he know? About the marriage?" He couldn't even face me. What is he doing?

"He does, I am not hiding a very public marriage, one Google search and he would find it."

"I hope he is treating you well but I still think we could try to be friends. I worry about you, I know I have a messed up view of all of this but nothing more was said to me. I had to take my own assumptions."

We are now in the car as he says it and I look at him.

"And your assumption is that I am the bad guy? That I wanted to trap you? I had a crush on you but I would never do this. This hurt me way more than it did to you. All the hate comments from your fans, all the videos criticizing me, everything. I didn't need my own husband to do it too. You treated me like a piece of shit because of your assumptions. I trusted you more than most people and now I can't even look you in the eyes without hating life in itself"

My words were angry and he seemed surprised. He tried to open his mouth a few times to talk but he stopped himself.

"I didn't- I didn't want to take my anger on you so I kept my distance. I thought that being home would make it worse for both of us. Which is clearly dumb," he explains himself but I shake my head.

"Take me to the hotel, please." I ask him tired of this conversation. This was going nowhere, just like our marriage.

We were doomed to fail from the start.