5

It's been a week and Jaemin hasn't seen Jeno's face. He doesn't know why it's bothering him so much. From the get go he got the vibe that they wouldn't be compatible but his heart keeps pulling him closer. He's been to his house a couple times, just popping in to visit and they've met outside and visited too but he still feels like Jeno hasn't really let him in.
He has texted him a few times from when they exchanged numbers, which was very difficult for Jeno so he doesn't want to push it.
He starts to make himself a meal, he's a little lonely tonight and everyone else is busy. He takes a chance and sends a text to Jeno, asking if he wants to come for dinner. 

When he gets a "sure". From him he practically jumps out of his skin with excitement. He's been dying to get to know him better.
He whips up a delicious meal for two, his mood has gone up a few notches. He makes his house a little more presentable and decides to dress a little nicer too.

When he answers the door he's blown away by his beauty yet again. Every time he swears he will stop being affected by him but it never fails.
"Hi, Jeno. Thank you for coming." He gestures him in.
"Thank you for having me, I was just about to order out again." Jaemin looks at the clock.
"Ok, noted, I'll ask you over before seven." Jeno chuckles.
Jaemin takes note of how good he looks in his all black outfit. Tight, ripped jeans with a tight black shirt that shows his nice physique.
"You look nice." He says. Jeno giggles then covers his mouth.

"I'm not even dressed up or anything." Jaemin smirks.
"Im pretty sure you would look good in anything from sweats full of holes to a designer suit." Jeno has to look away to hide his blush but Jaemin catches a glimps.
"Thank you. You look nice too." Jeno says observing his white sleeveless vest and black jeans.
"Thank you, i was wearing my ugly sweat pants but I thought you deserved better." Jeno blushes again and considers running away. It's getting harder to keep himself hidden away with the sweet way Jaemin talks to him.
"I brought some wine." Jeno says holding the bottle out. Jaemin thinks it's too soon for his heart to be beating this way. He takes it from his hands, gently and walks to the kitchen.

Jeno wanders slowly, looking at pictures from his childhood to more recent with friends and smiles. It's nice to see that he holds his friends and family so dear and after hearing Haechan talk about how he took care of him when he needed him, it makes him even more endearing. Jeno is terrified.
"Ooh, see that one?" Jaemin asks, coming up behind him. Jeno hums and looks up.
"That was taken the day Haechan and I met. We both had prom dates, girls."

He laughs kind of loud.
"We both hated every second of it. The girls were fine, I mean my date was, I guess but we are both one hundred percent gay. We snuck behind the school and got high together, ended up coming out to each other. We even made out that night. This girl was running around taking Polaroids of people and she got us." He chuckles and glances at Jeno to see him smiling softly.
"I was so sick the next day I wanted to kill him. Needless to say, I never got high again." Jeno chuckles.
"That is such a special memory." Jaemin nods and hangs it back on the wall.
"Why didn't you guys date? You are so close as friends, why didn't you become a thing?" Jeno asks as they walk toward the kitchen. Jaemin shakes his head.
"Honestly? Other than making out with him high, the thought never crossed my mind. He ended up dating Mark shortly after that and I dated a few people here and there, nothing serious, I don't know. I guess we just never saw that in each other."

Jeno hums with his grin growing slowly.
"You guys are so cute." He says softly.
"Seriously, I wish I had a cute meeting story with someone." Jaemin holds a piece of fruit in front of his mouth and he slowly bites it from his fingers.
"How did you and Renjun meet? It must be a good story." Jeno  accepts a glass of wine and leans against the counter to watch Jaemin finish their food.
"We met in middle school, he transferred from China and I was assigned to give him a tour. It just so happened that on that particular day my bully decided to try to make a fool of me in front of the new kid. Renjun punched him in the balls and we were friends ever since." Jaemin chuckles.

"See that's cute, but what I can't figure out? With arms like these and that frown you wear so often, how did little Renjun protect you?" Jeno sighs and looks away embarrassed.
"I was small then, and I've always been shy. People take advantage." Jaemin looks thoughtfully at him.
"So the frown is a defense mechanism?" He can't help it when he frowns again and Jaemin thinks it's cute so he puts his finger on the crease between his brows.
"You have a nice smile, I would love to see it more." Jeno couldn't fight the flames on his cheeks if he tried, so he just lets it go.
"Thanks. Can we maybe talk about something else?" He turns away from the other and Jaemin just found his new calling in life, making this man blush.

"What about family? Is that off limits?" He watches Jeno stiffen and gets the answer to his question.
"Well, I'll tell you about mine. My mother is a school teacher. She's a great person. My dad works in business. He is nice enough but he was always busy. We never talk much. I'm an only child." Jeno nods and sips more wine.
"You already know Jisung." He says with a sad undertone.
"I do, and He's so nice and sweet, just like you." Jeno ignores the part about himself and nods with a small smile.

"Foods done, should we go sit?" Jeno nods and helps carry things to the dining room table. When Jeno takes his first bite he sighs.
"You should cook for me all the time. This is so good. Thank you again for inviting me." Jaemin smiles widely.
"I'll cook for you anytime." He says looking in the other's eyes. Jeno nervously looks away.

As the evening progresses they are both a little tipsy.
Jaemin is of course more flirty and Jeno is a bit more open to it. They are currently sitting side by side on the couch, their legs pressed against each other while Jaemin is rubbing his hand softly on his thigh.
"I should go home. I'm sleepy." Jeno says in such a cute way that Jaemin almost sobers up just to make sure he remembers it. Jaemin hears him yawn and he smiles softly to himself.
He knew trying not to fall was a futile attempt but he gave it an honest try anyway.
"Jaem?" Jeno questions making his heart beat faster.
"What is it Jen?" He asks.
"Renjun killed my last boyfriend ." Jaemin's heart stops as he tries to understand if this is truth or just sleepy, drunken mumbles. He feels Jeno's head gently fall to his shoulder.

He decides after some thought that he will just ask him in the morning for an explanation, for now he tucks him in on the couch with a feather light kiss to his forehead.