orphic

" you're everywhere i go

" you're everywhere i go."

a bright, yellow desk lamp illuminated the room as you began to smoothly brush the lovely colors of your set of gouache paint. not only was the lamp the only source of light, the crescent moon floating in the deep, dark sky is shining as well.

multiple palettes were scattered atop of your desk, some were even on the floor. there were also a bunch of cups filled with water where different sizes of paintbrushes were dipped in. next to all of that was your canvas, your submission.

after months of discussion, the art club moderator has finally decided to host an art competition for all artists in your school to freely join. it has only been a day since it was officially announced yet you were already working on the sketch and the base.

seems like your competitive side of yourself is displaying at this moment. of course, you wanted to win, who doesn't?

to add on, yesterday you eavesdropped on one of your clubmates conversation who were talking about you. they quietly talked how they were intimidated by your artistic talent, already doubting themselves.

you weren't the type of person to show off your artistic talent to other people and brag about it like it was some million-dollar prize. it irked you to think that people assume that you're that type of person.

rather, you were the one who would work their ass off the day after it was discussed. in one night, you would be atleast finished with the sketch and colors you were going to use.

alas, your artwork is almost finished. just a few more finishing touches plus polishing, and it'll be perfect. even if you were given around two weeks to work on it, why not just do it already? there would be no cramming, right?

since majority of the painting was finished, your session ended there. you ought to continue it tomorrow at the outdoor cafe nearby the school's campus.

you started to clean up your area. transferring brushes into one container, diligently stacking all the  cups on top of each other after dumping the colored water out.

finally done with cleaning your area, you plopped on the soft sheets of your bed, while grabbing your phone on your bedside table in the process.

[ new notifications ]

monas_memo liked your post.

ventrie12 liked and commented on your post.

softly sighing, you turned off the device and placed it back on your bedside table, wanting to view your notifications for tomorrow. you were greeted with darkness as you closed your eyes, going to sleep.