ISSUE 7: The Heart of a Hunter!

Earth-636

RAVENCROFT INSTITUTE

Doctor Marla Madison-Jameson was seen walking the long hallways of the institute with head psychiatrist, Dr. Barton Hamilton, who allowed her to visit the son of a good family friend. Although she wasn't comfortable enough setting foot inside this archaic institution, Dr. Jameson was willing to put her personal feelings aside to help Randy in any way that she possibly could. Which is why she was carrying a brief case in her hand as the inside had the solution to their friends' problems.

"Don't take this the wrong way, Dr. Jameson. I'm quite thrilled that you took the time out of your morning expressing intrest in rehabilitating one of our patients but are you sure that what you're proposing might work?" Dr. Hamilton inquired to the scientist.

"I know that mental health is well below my pay grade, but my invention will surely help Randy get better control over his abilities," Dr. Jameson was confident that her expertise in electro-biology would be a great asset to assist the electrical-powered mutant.

As the two doctors were walking and talking, they stopped when someone called out Marla's name.

"Dr. Madison?"

Dr. Jameson narrowed her eyes at the person behind the cell to get a good look at him. "Mark?! My god! what happened, young man?"

"I-Uh!" Mark scratched the back of his neck. "I fell on some hard times."

"Mr. Raxton has been our model patient here at Ravencroft. I'd take it that you both are well acquainted with each other?" Dr. Hamilton curiously asked.

"I knew him back when he was an intern at Oscorp. When I was only a research assistant under the late Dr. Spencer Smythe," Dr. Jameson adjusted her glasses.

Mark balled his fist in angry at the mere mention at that accursed company, but he took a deep breath to calm himself down. "I didn't expect to see you here, Dr. Madison."

"It's actually Dr. Jameson now, Mark. I'm married to the editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle," Dr. Jameson corrected the former intern.

"I didn't get my invite in the mail," Mark sighed.

"Just think. Within a few months, Mr. Raxton will be released with a clean bill of health and ready to rejoin society soon," Dr. Hamilton said as they were making their way over to Randy's room.

After Dr. Jameson and Mark both waved goodbye to each other, Raxton turned away and sneered at the thought of him being in here for far too long. Mark couldn't afford to wait another few months even though being here kept his mind and body sharp. He thought back to the person who put him in there in the first place. He longed for the day to see Harry's ivory tower crumble into dust as Mark was formulating methods on how to destroy Osborn and everything that he holds dear. He wasn't doing this for himself. He had to avenge his departed sister, Liz Allan.

Both Dr. Jameson and Dr. Hamilton stopped at a door with a sign that read: Robertson, R.

"Now are you sure that you don't want to reconsider?" Dr. Hamilton asked with his hand on the door handle.

Dr. Jameson sighed to herself and answered his question. "I'm sure, Dr. Hamilton."

Hamilton opened the door and Dr. Jameson walked inside to see Randy behind an electrical proof glass cell who was overseen by a guard reading a Daily Bugle newspaper.

She sat in a chair and placed the briefcase on the floor. Randy was the one who broke the silent tension between them.

"Why are you even here, Ms. Jameson?"