Chapter 34 : New skill unlocked.

Third person point of view

Aaron walked down and heard Cecil fumbling around in the kitchen. Cecil let out a huff and stood back. Mary cleaned all the cabinets and informed him that they would be running out of things. Cecil was also cooking more often than in the start so he had to buy those required. " What is it ? " " I need to go grocery shopping ". Cecil answered. 

" Then let's go ? " " Now ? " Aaron nodded. " You told me you will take me, didn't you ? Now that I am here, take me ". Cecil nodded. " Fine ". " Give me a minute ". Aaron said and went to his room. He picked up his phone, mask and wallet and walked out. " Let's go ". Cecil nodded and they walked out of the house. 

They took the elevator to the parking lot and got in Cecil's car. Cecil drove to the mart. He parked the car and the both of them walked in. Aaron had put on a mask. He took a cart and pushed it while following Cecil. Cecil picked up all the things he wanted. Aaron found out new things and learnt a lot of things about groceries. 

Cecil chuckled. " Did you never shop from a mart by yourself ? " Aaron shook his head. " I never had the need to ". Cecil nodded. " Didn't you say you lived outside during university ? " " Yeah but there was a maid and cook, so... " He shrugged. Cecil laughed. " You sure lived an interesting life ". Aaron rubbed his neck in embarrassment. 

" Teach me then ". Cecil turned to look at Aaron. Aaron smiled. " I will learn it all ". Cecil was flustered. He looked away. " It is not a big deal ". Aaron chuckled. They took all the things and went to the counter. Aaron paid for it all. Cecil didn't reject it seeing he was very enthusiastic about it. 

There were quite a few things. There was two bags and Aaron was carrying both of them. They walked out and were going to the car. " Someone catch him ! " They both heard a scream. They looked in the direction and saw a guy running from between the cars. He didn't notice them and he had a bag in his hand. 

The woman continued screaming. Cecil went forward and the man ran into Cecil. Aaron was shocked at the sight. He didn't expect Cecil to act so quickly. Cecil held onto him and threw him to the ground and twisted his arm behind his back. The man groaned in pain. Cecil pulled the bag away and still held onto his hand. 

The man was trying to push Cecil off him but couldn't. Cecil pressed down with his knee on his back. " Did you take anything from this bag ? " The man shook his head. The woman came up to them and Cecil gave the bag to her. He got up letting the man go. He immediately wanted to run away but saw police standing there. 

The police caught him and walked up to them. " Please check if you lost anything ". The woman checked and everything was there. " Do you want to file a complaint ? " The woman shook her head. " He will be put for detention anyway. I am in a bit of a hurry ". She said and the police nodded. 

" Good job young man. Thanks to you too ". He praised Cecil and then Aaron. The woman also turned to them. " Thank you so much ". " No mention ". Cecil smiled and went to Aaron. Aaron looked troubled. " It would've been so dangerous if he had a weapon on him ". Cecil scratched his head. " I just reacted without thinking ". 

" Don't do it again ". Aaron said and Cecil could see the turmoil in his eyes. He nodded. " Okay ". Aaron let out a sigh and they walked to the car and got in. He removed his mask putting it aside. Cecil turned to Aaron. " Sorry ". Aaron shook his head. " You're great but that doesn't mean it is not something to worry about ". Cecil chuckled. 

" I will be careful ". Aaron nodded. " You did learn some judo ". Aaron said with a smirk. " I told you I did. You didn't believe me ". Cecil said with a pout. Aaron grinned. " Fine. I believe now. And next time we go to the gym, let's spar ". Cecil's eyes went wide in bewilderment. " You have a grudge against me ? " Aaron laughed. 

" I want to see your skills ". Cecil narrowed his eyes. " I really don't mean any harm ". Aaron defended himself. " Fine ". Cecil also buckled up and drove back home. During weekend the both of them went to the gym and Cecil took his uniform with him. Aaron also had one. They both changed and stood in front of each other. 

" Are we really doing this ? " Aaron nodded. Cecil let out a sigh. " I didn't do it in a long time. So don't expect much ". Aaron nodded. " Alright ". " Let's start then ". Cecil said getting in the stance. Aaron also did and they turned serious. Cecil made the first move. He pulled a little but he knew Aaron was definitely better at it. 

So he was going to give his best. He tried to hook Aaron's leg but Aaron moved it away. Cecil continued to advance but Aaron was escaping with ease. Cecil huffed. Aaron noticed he was losing spirit and decided to start taking action. He also tried to get Cecil to fall but he was also good at slipping away. 

The both of them sparred for a while and none of them backed down. " Is this all you've got ? " Aaron smirked. Cecil's eyes went wide when he realized Aaron was ready to attack. He escaped for a while but he couldn't hold on and was pushed to the ground. Their hands were locked and Aaron pressed down on Cecil without letting him get up. 

Cecil let out a yelp. He was breathing heavily. " I am not using my full potential ". Aaron said and Cecil just gave up. Their hands loosened. Aaron stared at Cecil who was flushed from all the exercise. There was a layer of sweat all over his body. The position was definitely a bit ambiguous.

He gulped hard and looked away. Cecil also noticed Aaron's gaze and quickly pushed him away. Aaron fell on his butt and sat down. Cecil also sat up and quickly pulled his dress closer. He rubbed his head. Aaron didn't look at Cecil again. They both stayed like that on the ground trying to catch their breath. Cecil took a deep breath and felt too weak.

" I am not doing anything anymore ". Cecil said falling back on the ground like a starfish. Aaron chuckled. " Fine. Let's go home at least ". Aaron stood up and gave his hand to Cecil. Cecil took it and Aaron pulled him up. Both of them smiled. " Good game ". Cecil said and Aaron chuckled. They packed up and went back home.  

-MG

Author notice :

So Cecil did do some Judo. 😂 This is also one thing which is not similar. I never did any sports or other things. 😂 They are not my thing. 

I recently watched another drama. The story was a bit new (?) 😂 I am not sure how I feel about it. It was good though, no problems at all. But since the story was like that, I have mixed feelings. 😂 I really like the leads though. 👀🤩

Author : Woah. You are so cool.

Cecil : ( grins ) Thank you.

BR : But you should really be careful.

Cecil : ( nods )

Author : That someone will protect you anyway. ( mumbles )

Cecil : What ?

Author : Nothing.

I am editing in a bit tired and sleepy state but I pushed my brain for the mini theater. 🤣