Chapter 20 : Happy with you.

Third person point of view

The both of them walked to the car. " You seem to be using me as a shield more often ". Cecil chuckled at Aaron's words. Cecil looked him up and down. " You are perfect for being one ". Aaron snickered. The both of them got in the car and drove away. Aaron could see Cecil was in a particularly nice mood. 

He did know the reason behind it and couldn't help asking. " Are you that happy ? " Cecil turned to Aaron and nodded with sparkling eyes. " Of course I am. I still can't believe I am going to be an uncle. Well you are too ". Aaron chuckled. " I am going to make so many clothes for the baby ". Cecil said with a bright smile and shining eyes. 

Aaron nodded. " It kind of feels surreal ". Cecil said with a embarrassed chuckle. Aaron rubbed Cecil's head and then turned to look out with a smile. Cecil was taken back a little. His heart skipped a beat. He glanced at Aaron who was looking out the window and the way his lips were still hooked up a little made his heart flutter. Cecil looked down smiling.

They reached home and Aaron went to his room. Cecil also did the same. He didn't work as much wanting to rest. Aaron also had nothing to do. So in the evening, the both of them sat down to watch a movie. Aaron's gaze was fixed on the screen when he heard sniffling. He turned to look at Cecil who had tears in his eyes ready to spill out. 

Aaron blinked in surprise. He picked up the tissues and gave them to Cecil. " Thanks ". Cecil took them and sniffled a little more. Aaron smiled helplessly. They were done with the movie and Cecil's nose, cheeks and even eyes were red. He really looked pitiful. Aaron laughed when he saw his appearance. 

" How can you cry every time you watch something sad ? " Cecil just sniffled and didn't say anything. Aaron rubbed his head again. Cecil felt it again, the tingling sensation. Aaron's fingers would make him feel a kind of way. It was like sparks were passing through his veins and prickling at his heart. 

Cecil only curled up not saying anything. He was embarrassed for showing that side of him again and also shy because of the way his heart was acting. Aaron's touch was so gentle and soothing; the kind that made Cecil want more. Aaron pulled his hand away still smiling. Cecil also came out of his thoughts.

He turned to Aaron who was now checking for something else to watch. He looked at the time and they would have dinner soon. " Do you have anything you want to have for dinner ? " " You will make it ? " Cecil nodded. Aaron rubbed his chin. " How about Carbonara ? " Cecil nodded. He went to the washroom and washed his face. 

He walked out looking better and got to work after washing his hands once again. He prepared the dinner with ease. Aaron was surprised at how good Cecil was when it comes to cooking. Cecil put the plates on the table and both of them sat down to have it. Aaron took a bite and it was definitely tasty. He nodded in approval. " It is really good ". " Thank you ". 

Cecil gave a smile. " If you don't like anything, you can tell me. I will make it the way you like ". " I am not picky about it. My standard is being edible ". Cecil chuckled. " Alright ". Aaron smiled. " Did you learn to cook ? " Cecil thought for a second. " If you mean creating disasters continuously until getting it right, then yes. I learnt it ". 

Aaron laughed. Cecil also smiled. " I started it as a way to distract myself when I moved out to live by myself. When I had to do something important, even if I did well I would over think about it. So I used to put it all aside and make something, because cooking needs utmost attention to come out well. And my mind wouldn't wander about. Once I finish eating, I would go back and look at my work. I would clearly know what to do ".

Aaron nodded impressed by Cecil. " You are definitely one of the coolest people I know ". Aaron said and Cecil looked at Aaron's sincere expression. He looked away quickly and chuckled. He shrugged with a smile. " Nothing much. I just live life my way ". Aaron nodded. " It is still cool ". Cecil laughed.

" Aren't you the actual cool guy ? Handsome, talented, capable, rich, popular and the guy everyone wants and wants to be too ". Aaron rolled his eyes and looked so done. Cecil chuckled at his expression. " Too bad, you are stuck with me like this eating homemade Carbonara ". Cecil said with a playful smile. Aaron's hand paused.

" It is not bad ". Cecil also stopped and looked up. Aaron looked up with a serious expression. " It is actually quite fun. So I don't think of it as something bad. Indeed, I am happy that it is you here with me ". Cecil was at a loss of words at the heartfelt dialogue. His heart trembled and he was flustered. 

He quickly recovered. " I was just kidding. Don't need to take it so seriously ". Aaron nodded. " Just saying ". Cecil rubbed his neck. They chit chatted and finished the dinner. They went to their rooms after cleaning up. Cecil closed the door and went to sit on the bed. He put a hand to his chest.

His heart was starting to pick up pace again. He touched his face and felt his cheeks warm up a little. " What was all those dialogues ? " He murmured to himself thinking about how Aaron spoke. He didn't know what to decipher of them. He decided to just let it be. He shook his head and took a shower before going to bed. 

-MG

Author notice :

Originally the previous chapter and this were put in one but after editing it got too long. So I cut into two. 🙂✌🏻

I do have a habit like that that distracts me. My habit is to fold laundry and I changed it to cooking for Cecil. 😂 I know it is a bit weird but I started it as a help to my mom but it became a part of my routine and I enjoy it now. I either listen to music or just do it. I don't get distracted from it and also I don't think of anything when doing that. It is a stress reliever for me. 😂

Author : Hope your cohabiting continues to be just as harmonious.

Aaron : Thanks. 

Cecil : Thank you.