6

I forgot to mention that some parts will be out of the chat, so there will be link ups and all.

****
I sighed as I closed my laptop, feeling a mix of relief and frustration running through my body. Another assignment completed, another night spent alone. The quest for my degree seemed to be dismantling the vibrant social life I once had, and I couldn't help but wonder if it was all worth it.

Gone were the days of carefree karaoke nights with my all-time ride-or-die comrade, Park Jimin. We used to belt out our favourite songs at karaoke over glasses of soju, laughing and dancing until the early hours of the morning. Our connection was unbreakable, a friendship we built over the years of shared experiences. But now, our paths seemed to change, leaving us with little time for each other.

The problem with university applications was that they were a mystery. Jimin and I had applied to a number of universities with the hope of raising our chances of acceptance, but little did we know that we'd be accepted by different schools.

Jimin was more than just my best friend; our bond went beyond any definition of friendship. We were like siblings, but even that comparison fell short because our connection was unique and unconventional.

We'd crossed so many boundaries. Boundaries that friends or siblings would avoid. We were each other's first everything. And no, it didn't ruin our friendship or make things awkward between us. We were a special breed, I guess.

After I connected my laptop to the charger, my stomach made a loud noise, and I realized I hadn't eaten anything. So, I took out my phone and decided to order some late-night delivery takeout from Baemin. I had been so focused on my assignment that I completely forgot about having a meal. If my mother found out how my life had changed since leaving Busan, she would definitely be furious. Then she'd travel 325 kilometres every week to bring me home-cooked meals.

I had barely opened the Baemin app when a sudden knock echoed from the other side of the door. I let out a quiet sigh because it was almost midnight, and I was growing tired of my fellow neighbours in the hostel block frequently dropping by without any apparent reason.

I opened the door, but my tired eyes widened in surprise. There stood my faithful partner in crime, his bright smile lighting up the hallway, swinging a white plastic bag from McDonald's in front of me.

"Jimin?" I questioned, laughing softly as I took the bag from him and stepped aside to let him come into the room before closing the door shut. "How did you know I hadn't eaten?"

"What sort of stupid question is that, Kim fucking Seokjin?" he asked, plopping onto my bed like he owned the fucking room. "Who else knows you better than I do? It's so easy for you to get distracted and forget to eat when you work. Which is something I don't understand because food has always been your middle name."

I pretended to think for a second before I spoke, "You are right."

I placed the bag on my study table and took out what was inside. It was the Big Mac combo meal, complete with chips and everything. If our chemistry wasn't so lacking, I would definitely consider dating the mother fucker.

"But why are you here so late at night and on a school night, for that matter?" I sat down and unwrapped my burger, taking a bite before I continued to speak with my mouth full because Jimin wasn't bothered by bad habits. "Didn't you just have barbecue with your friends? How did it go?"

He let out an exaggerated sigh, "Who would make sure you are fed if I don't do it? And the barbecue was great. You should definitely join us next time."

"I'm more than capable of ordering my own food. Thank you very much," I said, taking another bite.

"Hey!" Jimin yelled, "I could give the food to one homeless person out there if you don't want it."

"That's so mean," I said, "I just worry when you have to travel so far late at night."

He smiled, shrugging slightly, "I can just spend the night here. I don't have any morning classes."

I scoffed, "Lucky son of a bitch."

Jimin let out a hearty laugh, "You can say that again."

I reached for my bottle of coke and was about to open it when the realization hit me, "Hey, who gave you the right to give my number to that creep from the group chat?"

"What creep?" Jimin asked, clearly taken aback, causing me to roll my eyes. "Do you mean JK?"

"Yeah, why, Jimin?"

He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal, "He was meeting up with some friends out here and I figured you'd like to hang out."

"With a total stranger?" I asked, sounding like anyone would agree that Jimin was a madman if they realized what he'd done.

"Jungkook is not a total stranger, Seokjin," he said, eyeing me like I was overreacting. "He's my friend and I agree that they can all be pieces of trash but they know how to respect boundaries."

I shrugged, "If you say so. So what's up with the whole group thing anyway?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, confusion filling his expression.

"Come on, Jimin," I offered him a knowing smile. "I know you guys are not just a bunch of friends in a group chat."

"Well," he said, sitting up, "you are right. As you know, we all have to balance life with school right now and we are young people with needs, but no one has time to date."

I laughed a little, "If that's the case, why not just hook up with random people?"

"We do, but it's a little more intimate amongst ourselves."

I laughed, trying to wrap my head around what he was saying, but I just couldn't. "So who are the tops and who are the bottoms?"

"There's no such thing in our group," Jimin said, as if I'd just insulted him. "We all like to switch things up."

"I knew y'all were crazy," I laughed before taking a sip of my drink. "Aren't you afraid of someone catching feelings after everything?"

"There are zero chances of that ever happening because we all know the rules just like you and I."

"But you and I are also not like most people, Chim."