CHAPTER: FOURTEEN

She slightly, still looking embarrassed.
The alien explained to me with an embarrassed tone in her voice.

"It's a sudden reflex reaction when I feel an emotional particular response." She explained to me.
When she tried her best to explain the sudden moment, It reminded me of how a peacock reacts impulsively with its feathers.

"..." I said.

That's when I noticed her looking at me momentarily before she asked me a question that confused me.

"You not like... weirded out or anything?" She asked, her tone a bit of concern and worried.

I look at her, confused.

"No?" I said, confused by her response.

She seemed slightly relieved from my response, and her feathers from where they came out slowly started to tuck back in her blue alien reptile scales.

They were silent for a while, both drinking their coffee, and the alien girl seemed to be able to keep her purple feathers in check from the sudden reaction to the caffeine in the coffee.

Then she asked me a question that stopped me when I was about to take another sip of my coffee.

"What's your name?" She asked.

I looked at her momentarily, and she sighed, rolling her eyes.

"I thought before I left, which I assume is what you want so that we could have at least a small introduction."

I looked at her.

"Okay..." I said, setting my coffee mug on the table before the couch.

"Robert Royden," I said, looking at her with a straight face.
"Yours?" I asked.

"Kira." She said.

I looked at Kira.

Kira looked at me.

I then drew out my hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Kira," I said.

That's when I noticed her taking a moment to take my hand.
She looked from my eyes to my hand, then, after a moment, she took it.

"Nice to meet you too, Robert Royden," Kira said. She had a mellow smile on her face.

"It's just Robert," I explained.

"Okay." She said, slightly creating a little sense of humor.

I looked at her with an irritated look, and she seemed, from what I assumed was a sign of understanding, instantly changing the subject.

"Viterrian." Kira said.

"...?" I said.

"That's what I am, a Viterrian." She explained.

I looked at her for a moment.

"I thought you wanted to know what and who I was," Kira explained.

"Before I leave." She said, finishing her sentence.

I looked at her.

Then I asked her a question.
"Why do you keep using that term Terran?" I asked.

This caused Kira to need clarification.

"Don't you use that term in your kind?" She asked.

"No, we are what we call ourselves Human," I said, trying to clarify to her what my kind called ourselves and what our species was.

"Human?" She asked, still seeming confused by my clarification and explanation.

"Let me guess, your kind or whoever in the universe or galaxy told you we were Terran?" I asked, hoping my guess or my assumption was correct.