Prologue

A woman in her early 30s was crying drastically, checking the yacht inside and out, nook and cranny, but nothing.

Her husband was pacing back and forth, making a phone call for nearest rescue crew. Despite already have receive their answer, he refused to wait. He looked out the edges of the rail hoping that their young daughter didn't fall off. He steered the yacht and shine his lantern through the dark sea reflecting the night skies. 

"Jessica!

Jess!

Jess honey!

Oh god, please answer if you hear us!"

Seconds turn to minutes,

minutes turned to hours,

and the hours drained the couple's hope.

Soon, the woman descend to her knees, unable to contain it anymore. Muttering, crying out her name at the same time, unclearly. Gave in to her husband's arms for comfort, who too, had his heart sanked, but at the same time, having it hard to believe that they had lost their child.

Their grievance was cut short when they feel the motion along with the floor took a sudden turn in different direction.

The couple looked at each other in bewilderment. There wasn't anyone in the yacht but them.

The man peered over at the propellers but couldn't see underwater. He noticed a faint sihouette that shaped like a huge fish's tail under the yacht. He was confused at the moment because of the size and wondering how on Earth could a huge sea creature was able to move the yacht. His speculation was interrupted when he heard his wife shouted, "I see someone!"

He went over to his wife, pointing the lantern at what it seems to be a small rock island, but when they get closer, they see a small child who seemed to be stranded. She was sitting, clutching with her knees as if she was surronded by darkness she feared.

"Jessica! Honey!"

The man then sped up his yacht to reach out to her. Once they did, the couple ran and hugged their young daughter in their arms.

"Jesse dear! Are you alright! Are you hurt?" First thing that came out of the woman's mouth.

The man then checked Jesse's forehead to reassure she didn't catch a cold or anything. Surprisingly, she may be soaked but she wasn't cold at all considering it's dark out there and who knows how long she was stranded.

"Did you swim all the way to here?" Asked her father.

"A mermaid saved me daddy! She swim me all the way to here away from the sharks!" Her daughter exclaimed.

Her father raised his brow, thinking she's telling made-up tales again, but his wife on the other hand, she noticed a huge clam shell that was in her hands. Something that she never seen nor remember give it to her before.

"And look! She gave this to me! Isn't it pretty?"

The couple sighed in relief that they've finally found Jesse, and took her back in the yacht.

"Come on sweetie, let's get you to change your clothes and have dessert, we were so worried to death!" Said her mother. The man smiled, relieved that their daughter's safe and sound. As he went to start the engines working, he looked out upon the sea, getting a feeling that they're not out there in the middle of the sea alone.