01

While Steph and Lahela were walking down the steps of the hospital talking about Lahela's boyfriend Walter and his new "girl bestfriend", I was behind them walking slowly trying to look for other songs to put in my playlist while songs were already blasting into my ears.

"That jerk." Lahela said as I bumped into Steph. "Shoot sorry, what happened why did you guys stop walking?" I asked. "Some guy in a bike almost ran us over.

Anyways if you and Walter break up because of Blake at least we can all be single together." Steph exclaimed.

"Come on Steph, don't say that." I gave her a "really" look. "What i'm just saying! Neither of us have had any luck with Kai or guys in general Mackenzie." I chuckled with a nod.

As both girls kept talking about the topic I heard a skateboard near us. "Bf alert Lahela." I said getting a closer look of the guy.

It was Walter. "Hey um, i'll catch up with you guys later. Ima go to the truck." I said with a goodbye wave.

As my best friends returned it I made my way to the truck.

                                     ♥︎🝮𖧷☼♥︎

Finally getting back to work from my break I went to help assist Lahela. "Sorry i'm a bit late Lahela I had forgot my phone.."

Walking in I noticed a boy looking at me with wide eyes. I did the same.

Clearing my throat I began speaking again. "uhh, okayy um who is this Lahela?" "Our dirt biker friend that almost ran us over earlier." She replied.

"What are you here for? Concussion? ACL tear?" "Nope. Cancer." I looked at the boy while he gave Lahela a sarcastic expression. "Dude, it's not funny to joke about cancer."

Grabbing the folder of his information I read cancer. "Lahela, look." I said giving him a sympathetic look.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. I thought-" "Cause of my soft shampoo'd hair? Yeah it's just that leukemia is back again." He interrupted her.

Taking more of a look at the boys files while him and Lahela were talking I read that his name was Nico Alexander and that he had Acute lymphoblastic leukemia.

"Right i'm Dr. Kamealoha by the way. And this is my assistant Ms, Mackenzie Miller." Lahela introduced us as he shook her hand and gave me a smile.

"I figured it was you. I go to your old highschool, Liliuokalani High. I think i've seen Ms. Miller there a couple times when she goes too. I'm Nico but i'm pretty sure you both read that in my file already." he smiled at us.

"It's great to finally meet you Niko we have great staff here to help, and im sorry we got off the wrong foot." Lahela finished as I gave her a look and a nudge.

"I mean-" "No yeah um, maybe you should check in this hospital. I'm great with registration by the way so I got you." Nico said cutting her off while he got comfortable in his bed again.

As Lahela left speed walking out the room I gave Nico one last look and chuckled.

Opening his eyes he smiled at me. "Make sure to rest good Nico." I said leaving the room.

                                      ♥︎🝮𖧷☼♥︎

Laying on the couch listening to my music I felt a pair of hands rip my ear buds out of my ear. "What the hell Kai-"

  "Okay what the hell is going on ?" he cut me off facing Lahela. "We are throwing a party!" she exclaimed.

"What? No way. Lahela Kamealoha throwing a party?" I asked. "I have been waiting for this moment since you grew up from diapers to pull-ups." Kai said as I snorted.