00

Everything was dark, not even the moon could help me now.

My vision was blurry, my heart pumping in and out of my chest. Just the feeling of him right behind me made shivers go down my spine. The type of shiver that made you sick, feeling hot and freezing at the same time.

And that's what was happening to me right now, absolute sickness.

There was no way I could run. The last thing that came to my mind was the dark alleyway, the red bricks not even noticeable to the human eye. It was too dark. The buildings were practically touching, enclosing in on themselves. But that's not where I was, no, I'm trapped.

He trapped me. In my own mind.

I refuse to look in his eyes, not like I could. I knew who he was, I didn't need the confirmation. He didn't even move. Not a single word came out of his lethal mouth. He could be dead and I wouldn't know, but I'm not that lucky.

Was this the nightmare? Was this what I was meant to live for? To be dead?

I could feel his psychotic voice mimicking me, mocking me, yet he was still silent. He was in my mind, and once something's in my mind, who knows when it'll leave. My own sweat and tears were the only thing physically on me, physically absorbing me.. yet it was also him. Could he feel it too? Was he afraid?

But murderers can't be afraid. Why would they do the things they do if they had fear?

I could only hear my deep breathing, the room was too quiet. It's like I've lost touch with every part of my body. Where have I gone? Why is it all dark? It's not supposed to be like this. It wasn't like this before.

The clothes I have on started to suffocate me as my body felt more sensitive. If I had the time, and absolute conciseness, I'd be able to count how many fly away hairs were latching onto my neck. Just thinking about my hair sticking my skin made me shiver once more. It got to the point where I couldn't tell if I was sweating, or if the bottomless pool of my tears spread throughout my whole body.

Breathing wasn't an option, the walls were closing in on me and I was left trapped with him and him only.

And then, I blinked.

My eyes creasing as if they've never been opened a day in my life. I saw bright colors at first, wanting to rub them, but my arms stuck.

What I've been living through the past 30 seconds was my imagination. The paralyzing feeling of being breathless from no one but my own body. Yet the moment my eyes focused in on reality, I was torn. Somehow where I was before, the pit of pure darkness and constant fear, was safer than where I was now.

I had the urge to go back, to shut my eyes just one more time. It's never felt like that before, but it comforted me? Why did it comfort me? Maybe because I couldn't see him, or maybe because I could?

I blinked some more.

My hands were knotted in rope, my numb legs chained to the metal chair I'm sat on. Lost, but not enough to be without his gaze. I heard screeching on the concrete floor as his figure became more noticeable to my sensitive eyes.

The screeching stopped for a moment as the chair he was dragging now stood in place, just a few inches away from where I couldn't move; where I'm just the hopeless hostage I'll forever be.

Breaking his everlasting silence, he clears his familiar throat. And before I know it- before I could ever comprehend the intensity of the moment- I'm met with his soulless eyes, staring into my own.

"You're next, aren't you? But you already know that."

//