Prologue

The writer's work in this book (not including any of the plot, characters, or information owned by the show Supernatural, CW or Eric Kripke) is protected by copyright. All rights are reserved and if any copying/stealing/plagiarizing/etc occurs with my work, those people will be punished by law.

Copyright ©2014 Alicia Gilstorf

Disclaimer: I don't own anything from the show Supernatural.

Prologue

 January 12, 2012 better known as the night of my death. It was a cold, frigged night and the wind howled against the sides of the old, beat up mustang I was driving. It was no time for anyone to be out on the barely visible roads, especially a seventeen year old girl. It wasn't out of the ordinary to have blinding white flurries like this though that covered the roads, it made it nearly impossible to see anything past the windshield wipers. But this was Canada after all. The place where it never stopped snowing. I don't know why I had gone out in such dangerous conditions in the first place, maybe it was the stress of school getting to me or maybe it had a lot to do with the fight I just had with my boyfriend. If I could even call him that anymore. But truth of the matter was, I was sick of having to deal with the pressures of my life, with both of my parents dead I was forced to put up with a long lost Uncle I had never even met before, since last year at my dads funeral. I had to attend a school for "unique" individuals, in other words a school for out of control delinquent's who had no where else to turn to. A school where they'd much rather teach you how to shoot a firearm properly then learn the circumference of a circle. I hated the school more than anything and couldn't wait until I could finally break free and get out of the hell hole next year. But it was either go there or stay home and get home schooled by a man who was too drunk half the time to tie his own shoes. Joe wasn't all that bad when he was sober though, and over the past year I had learned to live with him even if he thought every problem in the world could be solved simply with a bottle of vodka. It use to be better when I lived with my dad, he would always tell me these ancient stories about monsters and the odd time a memory of my mom since I was to young to remember much about her. My dad didn't like talking about her much because it brought back to many painful memories for him, but he didn't mind telling me stories about the supernatural to take his mind of things. In fact his favourite part of my childhood was trying to scary me with these horrific tales. But they never seemed to scary me, even when I was no older than five it only intrigued me to learn more and my dad would always tell me the same thing. "Don't go searching for things that are better off left in hiding." Of course this caused me to ask even more questions but he would only go so far before asking me the same thing time and time again "Are you afraid of the dark?" he'd ask and I would respond with a laugh. "No of course not." I always thought he was joking but the tone he had used next was dead serious and came off as a warning "Well you should be."

   Of course I never took him seriously because to me they were just stories of pure fiction and myth, but it always seemed like it meant more to him. It wasn't unusual for me to find salt along the windows or weird symbols carved into the wood of a door frame or floorboard. I always knew the stuff couldn't really ward off spirits and demons, but I left them there anyways just in case there's was some truth to the whole thing. Thinking about my dad calmed me down a little bit, but I was still having trouble keeping the car on the road. I had to keep my foot down on the brakes at all times or else the car would give out to the ice at any second. I turned on the radio to fill in the ere silence and it seemed to work until the storm started to interfere with the signal. The speakers fill with static and the clock blinked rapidly. Then the headlights suddenly started to flicker and go out, making it impossible to see anything as the scenery around me plunged into the darkness. Just as soon as it had happened though, they came back on and that's when the dark figure appeared on the road. I barely noticed through the heavy snowfall until it was to late. I saw the shape just in time and at first it looked like there might be a fallen tree on the road but as I got closer I realize it was a person. I swerve just missing them by inches, but the road is to slippery and I can't get the car back into control. The mustang isn't exactly equipped for this kind of weather. As I hit the breaks to try and stop from swerving off the road, I could almost swear the man had glowing gold eyes that seemed to lite up the dark roads. That's the last thing I saw before hitting the guard rail.