ᴾʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ

Words 938 - Edited

Trigger warning: Violence, Abuse, Torture, Blood, Tight Spaces! If any of these trigger you click off!

𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟎, 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞

I was lowered into a tank filled with water. A man came up placing a heavy piece onto my head, I didn't know what it was but I knew that ot helped me breathe that was it. I gripped onto the bars once I hit the bottom of the tank I stepped off as I was instructed. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be I silently drifted in the water giving me a feeling of weightlessness.

The glass was slowly being coated over by a piece of metal to give me full darkness and I concentrated, my face scrunched up and blood trickled down my face inside the mask. When I went to look around again I was in a pitch black plane, all around it was pure solitude, no noise nothing to focus on. I went to step forwards and the sound of water sloshing beneath my feat became audible.

This place, it was strange but I had focused on the thing Papa wanted me to. Eleven had refused to try to contact it again so he had me reach into her mind and figure out what it looked like. Long grey skin looking as if it was stretched far to much against a skeleton, clawed fingers, a face that opened up to reveal a petal shaped mouth.

I could hear a faint sound, chewing. It looked to be eating an egg, a unnaturally large one compared to the ones I had seen in books. That's all I could do to learn about the outside world, other than flashes of a world that didn't resemble our own. It was fourty-two years ahead in time. I felt the hair on my neck start to stand up and goosebumps formed all along my body.

My instincts told me to run, run and never look back. I didn't want to but what Papa would do would be far worse. He was much worse than before our brothers and sisters went missing. Their were also flashes of that day, a blonde man, dead bodies, a broken arm, and lots of pain.

Papa would hurt me if I didn't. My breathing became unsteady as I relived one of my worst memories.

. . .

Five years back

A man growled before speaking, "I won't ask again. WHO ARE YOU?" My head lolled limply to the side as I felt another pulse of electricity roll through my body and I groaned.

My vision was blurry and getting progressively worse, my entire body ached. It was brutal, strapped to a metal rack constantly being electrocuted. I had shown up unconscious on the ground this morning no recollection of who or where I was.

To them it was enough for suspension, I didn't know it but at the time tensions were growing high between the Soviets and Americans. To them I could have been a communist spy sent to infiltrate government facilities by posing as a child.

It started as soon as I was spotted which the guards reported seeing a person falling from the sky, flailing and crying out for help but had ultimately hit the ground and knocked them out. A small girl estimated to be around five with no matching DNA samples to any worldwide database.

I snapped back to reality as I was hot with the shock baton. I let out a choked sob, it hurt, it hurt really bad. "Don...'t kn..ow." My throat was raspy and the answer came out as barely more than a whisper.

A cold voice called out, he was an older man in a navy suit with silvering hair, "Again." The uniformed man who I was soon to learn was called an Orderly nodded and put it up to my skin but this time it was worse. He had it over my throat and held it there.

My entire body spassamed, I couldn't handle it anymore, I was going into shock.

. . .

I never wanted to experience that again so I reached out and touched the creature, It's skin was dry and cracked but the feeling of bone was prominent.

It's head quickly snapped up and around to face me. It growled loudly moving slowly and deliberately as if it was sizing me up. Then, it let out a roar and pounced. I felt flesh tear from my arm, I tried to push it off but it didn't work. The thing was simply too big and I was still too weak despite the fact I was stronger than most children of my age. But it was simply that I was a child.

I had to resist the bile building up in the back of my throat, the smell of blood and decaying flesh filled my nostrils as the pain flared up. Bone, I could see bone. I screamed as loud as I could and flashed out of the void.

The water was turning red and it hurt, it was burning as salt found it's way into the wound. I kept screaming but it was muffled. I pounded on the glass with my good arm. It was starting to crack.

I heard the klaxons wailing as a rumbling shook the entire room. The wall was crumbling away as dark slimy vines edged up and down where the cracks were spreading. It was growing wider opening room for what looked as if it was the gate to hell itself. Chittering noises and the mix of alarms were the last thing I heard before I had started to faze out.

I was loosing to much blood. It wasn't going to end well.