001

After our success during the euros all eyes were on us for this upcoming World Cup. The euros was a great success for us as a team, but also for me as a player. Leading my country out to a SOLD OUT Wembley was phenomenal. Something that I would never have dreamed of as a little girl. But my unknown dreams did come true.

Getting my call up for camp for the upcoming World Cup was amazing. I would lead the girls out for another major tournament. Getting all my things ready for the first couple of weeks before going off to Australia was bitter sweep. You wanted to pack for the whole 9 weeks, but you did know if you and your team would be there for the whole amount of time.
Zipping up my suitcase walking towards the front door to see my car waiting for me. Saying my hellos to the driver and getting into the back seat. Going through emails to fill up time for the journey.

Arriving back at Saint Georges Park felt amazing. It was home away from home. The staff here at England made us players feel the best comfort we could during the international stage. Collecting my bags from the boot saying hello to the media staff on my way in giving the camera a wave and a smile.

"SOPHIE!!" Lucy shouted as soon as my foot stepped in the door. Giving her a cheeky smile before giving her a hug. "Luce, how are you?" I said slightly more calmed than her welcome towards me. "I'm good! Looking forward to this World Cup, hopefully we are roommates like usual." Lucy let out in an excited tone. "Hopefully." I laughed out breathlessly giving my boots and shine pads to the kit man. Leaving my suitcase with the others that had been abandoned at reception.

Walking into the meeting room to be met with lots of smiling spaces. Sitting down next to Leah my fellow vice captain and Georgia. "Welcome Cap! How you been?." Georgia asked from my left. "Yeah, I've been great. How's Bayern treating you?" I asked looking back at Georgia. "Great, I love it there." Georgia replied giving her a slight nod turning to my right. "How've you been?" I asked to the tall blonde defender. "Good, excited looking forward to it." She replied with a smile. Without a chance of replying Sarina came into the meeting room welcoming us all.

"Welcome girls, it's great to see you all again. Obviously we all know why we are here. The upcoming World Cup with all eyes on us. Last summer we had great success, now all focus is on this summer. You've all been selected for a reason, show that. With our determination I think we can get somewhere this summer. We've got to work for it. Hard work and that will get us somewhere. I hope we are all ready for the weeks upon us. It's important we all bond as a team on and off the pitch. So tomorrow we will have a team bonding session before training. Get some rest girls. These weeks upon us are going to be hard work." Sarina finshed her speech with a smile and a nod leaving the room afterwards.

Being pretty tired I headed to reception to get my key. Collecting my suitcase. Not bothering to ask who my roommate was I headed up to my room. Expecting my normal roommate who I always had on camp which was Lucy. She was called up before me and welcomed and helped me at my first camp. From there we have grown to become best friends and also roommates.

Arriving at my room I let out a sigh as I flopped onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling. I must have dozed off as I was woken up by the room door closing with faint annoyed groans to be heard in the room followed by banging of the furniture. "Lucy I swear to god man just pick the damm suitcase up." I said assuming my roommate to be Lucy. Standing up looking around the corner only to be met with my fellow vice captain. Leah Williamson. "Oh it's you." I let our surprised that I was no longer with Lucy. "Nice to see you too Captain." Leah laughed as she put her suitcase down. "You've got to be joking" she said almost annoyed.

"What?" I groaned looking around to were she had her eyes to to.
"There's only one." She said looking towards me.
"So?" I said not understanding her annoyance.
" Well there is only one bed and two of us."
"So?" I repeat.
"So..?"
"So we share. Not a big deal." I said going to unpack my bags getting all my stuffs unpacked. Leah doing the same.

"So how have you really been?" Leah asked as I sat down on my side of the bed.
"Fine." I said not wanting to talk about my situation. My situation being my on my current club. Before the World Cup I was captain for Manchester United. I wasnt offered a contract extension. So I left. Having no plan on where I was going to go next. Hoping to deal with that after the World Cup.
"Really?" Leah asked in a concerned tone.
"Yes! I'm fine why can't anyone just leave me alone" I snapped walking into the bathroom to get changed. After getting ready to bed opting to wear some old training shorts with a baggy t-shirt.

Walking out of the bathroom I was met with silence. Leah laying down on her side of the bed. Already ready. Not looking up from her phone to my presence in the room. Getting in beside her to be met with more silence. Turning off the lights and turning my back to her. Deciding to break the silence.

"Leah?" I whispered unsure if she had fallen asleep.
"Mhm." She groaned.
"I'm sorry. I know that I shouldn't have snapped it just all so stressful. I just can't think about that right now. We've got the World Cup. I just don't want to get distracted." I let out.
"It's fine don't worry. I understand. I'm always here to talk." She said finally before we both fell asleep.