Chapter 1

I've always been curious about death.

Do people lose consciousness? Are there such things as heaven and hell, or even reincarnation? If only there was a way to find out.

Unfortunately, without the ability to come back from the dead, we can never really know the answers to these questions.
Ultimately, the mystery of death remains, and we may never know the full truth.

I went to the main floor of the hospital so I could take a walk outside. Usually, it's pretty hectic at night but I guess not this time. As I leave the building, the cool air goes all over my body, leaving goosebumps all around. I find my usual spot and sit as I view the starry sky. I take a deep breath and close my eyes, allowing the peacefulness of the night to take over me. I feel the gentle breeze and listen to the sound of the crickets chirping in the distance. I stay in the same spot, watching the peaceful night go by.

Despite living here all my life, I never got tired of this view. It's funny that I'm saying this since by now I should be tired of everything, except I am. Every day is the same thing, wake up, eat, take tests, and sleep. Nothing special happens and I'm getting sick of it.

Unfortunately, when I was still a little kid I was diagnosed with an unknown disease. I would feel extreme pain making me feel weak as if I had lost control of my own body. I would have trouble breathing as if my throat was blocked. Not to mention most of the time being nauseous and having the urge to throw up. Yet for some reason the doctors say there is nothing wrong with me. Ideally, I would be able to experience different kinds of things and be normal. School, road trips, friends, but most of all, love. As I got lost in thought, I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Cherie!" It was Anh, my sister. I face her as she gives me a warm smile.

"What are you doing here?"I asked

"What do you think? I'm here to visit you silly! Look I got you your favourite fishcakes!"

"Thanks" I replied

"What's wrong? Something on your mind?" She asked

I tried to hide the sadness I was feeling, not wanting to worry her. She looked at me with understanding, but also with a hint of worry. I smiled and said, "It's okay, I'm just tired. I'm sure I'll feel better after a good night's rest." She smiled and nodded.

How am I supposed to tell her that I hate staying here and doing nothing all day? Ever since our parents died she's been working so hard for us, especially me since she has to pay the hospital bills. I wouldn't wanna make her think her hard work was a waste. I hate how I can't do anything to help her which makes me feel like a burden. Who knows where I'd be if she wasn't here? I can't imagine what it'd be like if I got better and the hospital would kick me out without any money to start with. I wouldn't be able to survive without her and I'm forever grateful for all she's sacrificed for me.

"Come on! Let's eat these before they get cold" Anh suggested

Who am I to reject? They're my favorite after all. I'm filled with joy as I take a bite out of the fishcake. It's so delicious, just like how my mom used to make it. I can't help but smile as I savor the taste. I decided to let my thoughts go for a while and spend the little time I had with my sister
***
After a while, Anh noticed the time and had to leave. She doesn't visit quite often so it's always nice to hang out with her. I feel my eyes getting droopy and I decide to go back to my room before it gets too dark.

As I walk on the pavement, I suddenly see an ambulance driving towards the hospital. As it got closer I couldn't help but wonder what had happened so I tried to walk faster to have a peek. I followed the ambulance until it stopped outside the emergency room. I saw a stretcher with a patient being rushed inside. It was a tall man with white hair. He had blood all over his nose and, what looked like, a fractured leg.

"Oww, it hurts" the man whined

"You idiot! Do you realize how much trouble I'll be in once your mom finds out you got hurt cause of me?" a girl yelled.

Despite the harsh words, it was obvious that the girl was worried about him. She was constantly checking if he was hurt anywhere else and trying to comfort him. I was starting to think that maybe it's his girlfriend. I mean she is pretty though, with her long brown hair and green eyes. I felt a bit jealous. It must be nice to have someone who cares about you enough to worry about your well-being and be there for you in times of need. I wish I had someone like that in my life.

As I kept staring, a few nurses and doctors quickly rushed out of the hospital and towards the man. They carefully moved him inside as a few paramedics followed behind. As they went to the emergency room, I finally got inside the main floor.

Fuck

I thought. I suddenly felt nauseous and felt the urge to throw up. I ran to the nearest bathroom and shut the door as I immediately leaned over the toilet and threw up. I felt relieved for a few seconds before feeling dizzy and weak. I sat on the bathroom floor, feeling sick. I hated it. The feeling of my throat burning as all the acid comes out, of having a sore throat afterwards. I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm down. I slowly got up from the bathroom floor and washed my face before walking back out.

As i finally got to my room, i lay down on my bed feeling better. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes hoping that tomorrow will be a different day.
***
I wake up and see that it's still dark outside. I check the time.

1:13 AM

I'm exhausted and I feel like I haven't slept in days.I let out a deep sigh, feeling frustrated. I try to go back to sleep but it's no use, my mind is too busy.

I got out of bed and tip-toed to the bathroom. I switched on the light and saw my reflection in the mirror. I looked exhausted. My eyes were red and my hair was a mess.

After using the restroom, I washed my hands and suddenly I heard noises coming from the hallway as they started coming closer. I quickly turned off the bathroom light and peeked through the crack of the door.Just then, a tall shadow towered over me.

"What the-"

Hey guys so as u can see this chapter is pretty short but most chapters will definitely be longer.This is my first time writing a fan fiction so my writing might not be the best.I'll try publishing once a week either Tuesday or Monday.
Anyways enjoy the story