Chapter 2: A Happy Disappointment

"Thank you Miss Williams. We'll contact you as soon as we evaluate all the applicants." Mr. Adams, the company's CEO, said as he shook my hand.

I don't expect to pass this interview, let alone land a job here. He was super strict and it seems that I didn't impress him enough to satisfy his standards.

Going out of the building, I hurriedly went to Starbucks because I really need a breather after all the stress the interview gave me. I ordered a Lemon Bar Crème Frappuccino and a Cinnamon Roll to go. Leaving Starbucks, my mind kept replaying the interview. I kept thinking about how I regretted that I went to Los Angeles to live independently. How stupid of me. I should've just worked at a local shop back at home. Suddenly, I was snapped out of my thoughts by bumping into some guy. My frappuccino spilled around my dress.

"Oh...I'm very very sorry. I should get you a new order." the guy said.

"No I'm fine. You don't have to replace it." even though I'm furiously mad because of him.

"I can pay for your dry cleaning. Anything you want. It's my fault anyway." Oh God. He looks gorgeous.

"No, you're too kind. I can just clean this myself."

"No, I need to replace that frappuccino. Come on let's go to back in."

"Thank you but I'm fine, really."

"No, I can't ruin your day. Come on now. Don't be shy."

He took my hand and dragged me back to Starbucks. I blushed as soon as he held my hand. He let me sit in one of the available seats around and went to buy me my 'replacement' frappuccino. He returned with two frapps on hand.

"One for me, and One for you." the guy said as he handed me my frappuccino.

"Thanks but like I said, I really don't want you to replace my drink."

"Why not?" he whined.

"'Cause it was my fault I bumped into you. I wasn't even looking."

"No, It was my fault. I was hurrying and I didn't even know you were in front of me."

There was a brief but awkward silence after he said that. Then, he finally spoke.

"Well all I know is that it was both our faults." he chuckled.

I nodded my head.

"Oh, I didn't get your name. I'm James by the way. James Maslow." he said as held his hand to me.

"I'm Bella. Bella Williams."

"so...what was on your mind lately?"

"Well, its because I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job and I was so disappointed about myself."

We talked about stuff the whole time there. We had so much fun together that we didn't notice how much time we wasted. So I stood up and said my goodbyes to him.

"Nice meeting-I mean bumping into you Bella." James said.

"Nice bumping into you too James" I chuckled.

We went out of Starbucks and James was attacked by a bunch of paparazzi. Oh, is he famous or something?

As I got home, my phone suddenly rang. It was Kate.

"Hey, why didn't you tell me were dating him!?" she said in an angry tone.

"Wait?!...what?!...who?!"

"James Maslow, duh. Haven't you been watching TV. It's all over the news!"

My eyes were transfixed on the TV when I saw the news about me and James 'dating'.

"James Maslow, a member of a certain band, Big Time Rush, caught dating some girl at Starbucks." the reporter said as they were showing some pictures of me and James talking. I think that's the reason why there were paparazzi interviewing him as he got out of the shop. So that's why he looked familiar. He didn't even mention that he was a band member during our talk. 

"See. I told you. So, are you really dating him?" Kate said. I think she heard the TV over the phone.

"I'm not! He was just replacing my drink cause we bumped into each other."

"Oooh, interesting. Tell me more." she teased.

"I said I'm not dating him. Will you please leave me alone. I have to rest."

"Okay, so how did the interview go?"

"I'll talk about it tomorrow. I'm going to sleep."

"Well, goodnight Mrs. Maslow." she said as she laughed.

I went upstairs to my bedroom. I put my phone on my desk so that I can change my dress. When I was finished changing, I went directly to my bed. I buried my face on my pillow, thinking about the news that I just saw earlier. Well, he does look good. I mean who could resist those hazel eyes that can make anyone fall for him. And his warm smile, can melt any girls heart. Wait, what? Why am I saying this? It's not like I like him or something. Well, he was very kind when he replaced my frappuccino, but. Ugh. I think I'm slowly falling for this guy.

No, I can't. I barely don't know him. I thought to myself as I groaned on my pillow. He was just being kind 'cause he made a mistake. Yeah, he was just being friendly because of the incident. I tried to forget him as I was trying to sleep, but all I can think about now is him. I can't get him out my head. "Ugh, just forget it." I said as I went into a deep sleep.

James POV

"Dude, are you really dating her?" Logan said as we were watching the news.

"No I'm not. I bumped into her, made her spill her drink and replaced it. Plus, I barely don't know her." I explained for the nth time tonight.

"So, just make a move on her." Kendall said.

"Like I said, we don't even know each other. We just bumped into each other."

"Well, get to know her. Ask her out to a lunch or something. Anything just so you could get to know her more." Carlos said, grinning.

"Like it's going to be easy. I think she's mad about what I've done to her. Also, I don't even know where she lives."

"You have to try. Well, you did talk to each other, right? So, she's not mad at you" Logan said, trying to convince me into asking Bella out.

"Well, we did have fun talking to each other. So guys, do you think I have a shot with her?" I asked them.

"Yes!" they all shouted in sync.

"Well then, I will try to ask her tomorrow. Wish me luck I'd bump into her again" I said with confidence.

I'm not sure if she will accept my offer tomorrow. I wish she will. I just hope that I wont screw up tomorrow.

Going inside my bedroom, I kept thinking about what should I do. I buried my face on my pillow, thinking on how she would react. "Just be calm. Maybe she'll accept it." I said to myself as I went to sleep.