The Silence That Spoke A Thousand Words

All stories come to an end...

.
.
.

In a large, light filled room was full of laughter and cheers in the air. OJ had just won Inanimate Insanity and decided to put the money into something they can all enjoy. Everyone was chattering excitedly, Lightbulb ate thousands upon thousands of cookies as Baseball watched in concern, Salt and Pepper talked about getting a treadmill for their legs, Marshmallow was putting up a frame of Bow on the wall. It was a very cheery room, except OJ wasn't with everyone celebrating. He was making a phone call.

He was carefully dialing the numbers on a landline telephone. OJ's hands were trembling slightly as the string of numbers were forming into a cell number. He was calling someone he knew very well since he was born. The phone then rings for a little bit, as OJ put the phone close to his face, anxiously waiting for a certain someone to pick it up.

"Hello?"

OJ's face lit up, "Mom? Hey it's me, OJ!"

There was a pause, "OJ?" She repeated, "What do you want?"

OJ beamed in excitement as he nearly squealed, "Mom! I have the best news for you! I-"

"OJ I'm not interested in anything you have to say."

OJ stared at the phone, dumbfounded. "W-What?"

He hears an loud and annoyed sigh, "OJ. Honey, I'm tired of disappointing me all the time. I've poured so much effort and money, even costed my own beauty for you to succeed, but you never surpass Test Tube. I thought having a son that would excell would guarantee your father and I live comfortably in retire ment but,"

"You're utterly hopeless..."

OJ felt a pit in his stomach as his mouth went dry and his eyes started to water. "But mom I won-"

"OJ. I don't care."

"No mom, you don't understand. I-"

"I don't care what second or third place prize you've gotten. I'm tired of you never reaching my expectations. Look I have to go see your cousin accept her award for best science experiment. Don't call me unless you've actually proven yourself to me."

*click*

OJ stared at the phone as the beeps echoed in his head. She was supposed to care about this. Though OJ kinda expected this outcome, but he didn't want to  believe it. But now he stands like a fool in front of the telephone, fighting back any drop of tears from escaping his tired face. OJ gripped the phone and tried to steady himself before he goes back with everyone in the party. He didn't want to bring the mood down. He took a deep breath and before he could take another one, someone tapped him on his shoulder.

"OJ? Y-Y-You ok?"

OJ quickly turned around and saw Bomb, who was looking up at him with concern. Frankly, he was the last person OJ wanted to see him like this. Not only was he a mess from the race after being tripped by Taco, he kissed Bomb on the cheek and had absolutely no clue what to say to him.

"I, uhm..."

Bomb carefully scanned OJ's face and gently took his hand, "L-L-Let's talk outside..."

OJ blushed, "Uhm... Okay..."

OJ trailed after Bomb, blushing still as they weaved through the crowd to go outside. Some of them gave them a little look and then looked away, not caring too much. Nickel glanced at them, glanced back at their hands and then rolled his eyes and started whispering something to Baseball. Salt also saw them, made an audible gasp and whispered to Pepper and pointed at Bomb and OJ. Pepper pretended to care but she seemed happy that Bomb and OJ were together as Salt was oozing with jealously. Knife was in the middle of a conversation with Pickle when he saw them both from the corner of his eye. He smirked at them and then said something to Pickle who giggled a bit. OJ blushed a bit at the attention they were gathering a bit but Bomb payed no mind to them. They were about to open the door to stand outside until they bumped into Paper.