Pre-Kira Investigation {1976-1997}

FEBRUARY 18, 1976

Halle Lidner a.ka. Bullook is born in the United States.

SPRING OF 1976

Soichiro and Sachiko meet at the senior prom. They instantly fall in love with each other. Even though Soichiro isn't a student, he is invited by his younger brother who was still in high school and is an exchange student at the school. Hence this is before Japanese American High Schools came into Japan so Soichiro's brother is an exchange student from Japan and the school that he is going to is in Seattle, Washington. 

JUNE 7, 1976

Teru Mikami is born in Kyoto, Japan

AUTUMN OF 1976

Sachiko and Soichiro get married in Seattle, Washington so that the rest of Sachiko's family can attend the wedding.

SEPTEMBER 1, 1977

Stephen Loud a.k.a Gevanni is born. 

JULY 27, 1978

Kaito Mikami is born.

SEPTEMBER 2, 1978

Joanne is born to Dorthea and Leo.

OCTOBER 27, 1978

Cerise Hirota (Minako's older sister) is born to Elsie and Matsudo Hirota

FEBRUARY 14, 1979 (VALENTINE'S DAY OF 1979)

Madeleine and Tsugumi get married. Madeleine changed her name to Madeleine Bellerose-Amane. 

SUMMER OF 1980

Cherri and Isaac meet. They soon fall in love after that.

DECEMBER 25, 1980

Misa Amane is born to Madeline Bellerose and Tsugumi Amane.

JULY 12, 1981

Kiyomi Takada is born.

AUGUST 1981

Kaito and his parents moved from Okinawa to Sacramento, CA. Unfortunately, things don't go as planned since Kaito's parents are constantly breaking  American laws and even skinny dip in an outdoor jacuzzi. An elderly woman calls the police on them and Kaito's parents are soon arrested. Since Kaito is young and doesn't have any other family members to take care of him, he is placed in the foster care system. They go a long way from California to Waco, TX. There he meets Cadie and her husband, Tommy Maeda. They are very happy to take care of Kaito and he soon feels like he's their son.

SEPTEMBER 10, 1981

Minako Hirota is born to Elsie and Matsudo Hirota. She is the younger sister of Cerise Hirota.

FEBRUARY 28, 1982

Light Yagami is born to Sachiko and Soichiro Yagami.

MAY 20, 1982

Sanami Ide is born. Her brother, Hideki is often confused to be her father due to the almost 20-year age gap between them.

NOVEMBER 3, 1982

Steve Reese is born to Valencia a.k.a Val and her husband, Chad Reese.

APRIL OF 1983

Lorraine and Levi are kidnapped after she tried to protect her son from the kidnappers. Lorraine helps Levi escape and goes with him. Unfortunately, they don't go far because the kidnappers find them and shoot Lorraine. This triggers Levi to fight back against the kidnappers. Levi hopes that his mother will be safe when he hears police sirens in the distance. The kidnappers panic and take Lorraine with them. Levi rushes to his mother but is beaten in the head by one of the kidnappers and loses consciousness. When he wakes up, Levi has amnesia and doesn't remember his name or his mother.