Yoongi's Backstory

🖤 During the few years leading up to Yoongi's ultimate fate, he had been a stray hybrid. However, unlike most other strays out on the streets, he was a stray by choice. He was constantly in and out of hybrid shelters for the first 18 years of his life. During his early childhood, many older couples, who no longer had children living in their households, tried to adopt him. Yet, each time, it was only a matter of a month or two before they would angrily drive the feline hybrid back to the shelter to return him, claiming he was an impossible hybrid.

Truthfully, these weren't false accusations on the humans' end. Yoongi had purposefully made himself a difficult hybrid to deal with, solely to protect himself. Some humans blatantly told him that they expected him to follow all their orders. Others would claim that they are 'equals,' but their facade crumpled as time ticked by. Therefore, as Yoongi grew older and grew to recognize human behavior, he decided to save himself from the trouble of getting attached to a human. And the moment his 18th birthday rolled around, he busted himself out of the last shelter and never looked bad.

🖤 After spending several years on the streets, Yoongi had become quite skilled in fending for himself. He knew not to trust strangers, knew the ins and outs of the city and its residents, and knew just when and where he could pick up clean scraps to eat. But no matter how skilled he became, he wasn't always lucky enough to evade trouble that was lurking around the corner. No matter what city you live in, there is always a group, or perhaps several groups, of people that intentionally go out to cause trouble. And on one unfateful day, Yoongi just so happened to be standing in trouble's way.

Yoongi honestly doesn't remember that night all too well. All he can recall was the tall and built cheetah hybrid lurking in the shadows of an alleyway. The household feline hybrid had simply been passing by, on his way 'home' from his daily dinner hunt, when the large feline pounced on him. Yoongi did his best to fight back, but having been caught off guard, he was already at a great disadvantage. During the mere seconds the stranger was able to land multiple crucial punches on vulnerable places all over Yoongi's body, the cat hybrid was only able to land one or two misaimed throws. The sudden attack felt like it dragged on for hours for Yoongi, but realistically probably only lasted a couple of minutes before the cheetah hybrid was disappearing off into the night, looking for his next victim, and leaving Yoongi out on the streets.

🖤 Luckily for Yoongi, a kind stranger who had been passing by caught sight of his unconscious and terribly injured body, and called the nearest hybrid clinic. This clinic, just so happened to be Seokjin's brother's clinic, the very clinic where Seokjin and Y/N were completing their residency at the time.

The entire clinic was frantic when staff members rushed in, rolling the stretcher that carried Yoongi's cold body. Everyone was quick to jump into action, and Seokjin and Y/N were hands-on in the treatment room. Yet, the team wasn't able to get too far into treatment as the cat hybrid finally came to just as someone finished stitching up a particularly deep laceration. The feline hybrid had tensed up, a wave of fear washing over his body, but he quickly masked it with aggression and stumbled his way off the medical bed to hole himself into the corner of the room.

"Easy there, kitty." Someone had said, but Yoongi wasn't sure whose voice it was since everyone was wearing sterile surgical masks, and his senses were still off the wall as a result of the traumatic experience his body just went through. So all he could muster in response was a loud hiss before he bolted toward the nearest exit and disappeared into the night. Unbeknownst to the injured hybrid, Y/N had chased after him and almost caught up to him, but Seokjin's older brother stopped her.

"I know you have good intentions, Y/N. But it's also the patient's right to refuse medical treatment, whether we agree with their decisions or not. We did enough work on him to clean and treat his most troubling wounds. All we can do now is hope that he doesn't get into any more trouble."