domestic bliss

ever since alan had asked maisie out about a week ago, the two had been absolutely inseparable. whatever troubles had been plaguing either of their minds about how much they liked each other had all been put to rest. it was apparent to everyone that they liked each other more than they even liked themselves.

it was the thursday night before their game and the two were doing a crossword puzzle in alan's room. typically, the girl never would've been allowed to his room or even over at his house, but his parents had gone away with some mumbling of family trouble over in kentucky. he had the house to himself for god knows how long and he was absolutely making the most of it.

"you know," maisie looked over at her boyfriend, deciding now was the perfect time to poke the bear, "i saw your little girlfriend glaring at me durin' lunch today. don't you think it's time to call her off?"

truthfully, maisie was finding herself a little annoyed at the girl. sure, her and alan hadn't exactly gone public, but she didn't need the hateful stares. it was strange and slightly unsettling.

alan knit his brows at the girl, having no idea what she was talking about. last time he checked, his girlfriend was the one laying in his bed. something wasn't adding up to the naive, innocent cornerback.

"who?" he questioned, looking over at her intently. he truly wanted to know what on earth she was talking about.

she slapped his chest playfully, tentatively letting her hand rest there. though she was laying in his bed, she was still very new to relationships and intimacy. this was the first time she even dared come over, despite the fact that his parents had been gone for days.

"taylor. you know, your little girlfriend. she's always following you around."

alan scoffed, rolling his eyes at the girl, "oh yeah, just like you and sunshine, huh?"

maisie chuckled, feeling like she had hit some sort of sore spot in the new relationship. it had become apparent that both parties had done their fair share of jealous overthinking. in a way, she felt it made them stronger. it proved just how much they liked each other.

"exactly." she replied curtly, giving him a devilish smile.

as much as alan wanted to protest, he just didn't care enough. he knew who maisie wanted and figured sunshine had enough girls to worry about already. the only one sunshine couldn't worry about was the one that belonged to him. he was sure to make sunshine aware of that fact sooner rather than later.

alan decided to give up on the conversation, opting for leaning over and kissing the girl instead.

when they pulled apart the girl laughed, "don't you think it's improper to be kissing me in your bed, bosley? it's only been a week."

though she was joking, she was a little concerned about the implications of it all. in this town, it was easy for a girl to feel ashamed. there were always such strict rules for how to go about dating and maisie sort of felt like she was breaking them. she liked being in his bed, but didn't want to look like something she wasn't.

"well, your jeans are still on, so i think you can relax." he joked, causing the girl to chuckle.

maybe they were moving a little fast, but that's only because they waited so long to even get together. right when alan was starting to lose hope was the moment directly before everything started to go his way. it was new, sure, but that didn't mean he needed to tiptoe around her.

"i don't know," she replied, beginning to wonder what some of her girl friends might think of what they were doing, "like... i think it's okay and i like it, but then i think about amanda or michelle-"