Under the Influence

Kissing Luwi amidst the pulsating music and dim lights felt like an electric current passing through my veins. I could hardly believe that the person I had admired from afar was now in my arms, our lips locked in a passionate dance. Every second of that kiss was etched into my memory, and my heart raced with exhilaration.

As we exchanged numbers, there was an undeniable connection between us. The promise of future conversations and meetings hung in the air like a tantalizing secret. The night had been magical, and I fell asleep with a contented smile on my face.

Morning brought a pounding headache and a wave of regret that crashed over me. What had possessed me to be so impulsive? Miriam, with her signature wit, teased me about my antics from the night before. I laughed it off, but beneath the surface, a sea of uncertainty churned.

Over coffee, I confessed to Miriam that maybe I wasn't as ready to move on as I thought. Andrew's memory still held a grip on my heart, and I felt guilty for trying to replace him. Miriam's understanding gaze told me she knew the depth of my struggle.

Accepting the truth, I admitted to myself that the wounds Andrew had left were far from healed. But that realization was a turning point. Determination bubbled within me, a quiet resolve to confront my pain and allow myself the time to truly mend. The path to healing might be slow, but I was ready to embrace it, to rediscover who I was beyond the shadows of past heartaches.