II

Fᴀᴋᴇ ᴘᴜᴘᴘʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

"Father, I don't ask for much but

"Father, I don't ask for much but.."M/n wasn't nervous but he was one hell of an actor after what he endured before regressing. He needed to see it, he needed to sell the idea of a union between the only Dukedom and the Laurent family.
"What? Don't waste my time."

"Could you please decline Monsieur DuPont's marriage proposal!?"

"Why should I do something as foolish as that-"

"Because I'm in love with Neuvillette!"M/n rushed out before his father could berate him about the decision. The two enter a moment of silence, the sound of the pen falling out of M/n's father's hand is loud.
"Excuse me?"

"We've been meeting in secret for a year now but when you told me I was to be married off I ran to Neuvillette because I feared our relationship would be forced to end but he promised that it wouldn't. So please, just this one thing, allow me to have it. Wouldn't it benefit you to have Neuvillette as your son-in-law instead of Weiss DuPont? Neuvillette is more powerful than he is, richer too. I just want our love to continue, I care not for anything else."M/n's hand shook for a moment, he learned that his father was a very greedy man in his first life.

As to how he didn't see it growing up, he doesn't know but it was very clear that money and power were all he cared for. He saw his children as chances to gain extra wealth and power.

His father thinks it over for a moment before casually pulling out some paper and an envelope and starts writing.
"Since you love Monsieur Neuvillette so much, I shall allow it."

"Thank you, Father."M/n didn't waste a second and bolted out of the office and to his own, slamming the door behind him with a sigh. A very happy sigh at that. While he basked in his bliss, there were three sets of eyes on him, waiting for him to notice them.
"I know you're staring at me~ Come here Kunikazushi, Scaramouche, and Wanderer~"M/n coo's as he kneels, the three cats happily rush over to their owner and practically leap into his arms.
"Aww, how are my boys? Did you guys get your naps in?"The three males meow happily, answering in their way and M/n chuckles.

M/n was happy to have found his family again in his regression, he didn't care about anything else just the triplets kittens in his arms.
"We're getting away from these people and we'll have our freedom and I mean true freedom... You'll grow older this time. I promise."The kittens tilt their head at this but M/n gives them a gentle kiss on their foreheads. Each reacting in their own way to the gentle act of affection; Kuni nuzzling M/n, Scara pretending not to care for it, and Wanderer lightly purs while avoiding eye contact.
They're still the same silly kittens, my darling family...

🫧🫧🫧

M/n once again back at the Dukes Manor but he was drenched from the rain. He was so confused by this because on the way it was clear skies until he reached the gate... Surprisingly M/n managed to keep the kitten trio dry but not himself. So when he walked inside to see Neuvillette, he put the kittens down.
"Uh, what happened?"

"Rain, it started to rain when I got here. Anyway, these are the boys; Kunikazushi the youngest, Scaramouche the middle, and Wanderer the oldest. Now that the introductions are over, could I trouble you for some dry clothes?"

"Oh sorry about that."Neuvillette turns to the nearby maid and tells her to lead M/n to a room to take a hot bath and get him some clothes. It was clear that M/n wouldn't be able to properly fit anything in the manor but it was still better than wet clothes.
"You three be good for Neuvillette, Wanderer you're in charge."The teal-eyed kitten meows while Scara huffs at this, Kuni is curious about the man who looked down at them with the same curiosity.

"The teal-eyed kitten meows while Scara huffs at this, Kuni is curious about the man who looked down at them with the same curiosity