IV

Sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ

M/n moved in faster than Neuvillette expected but he of course knew that M/n had his reasons for it

M/n moved in faster than Neuvillette expected but he of course knew that M/n had his reasons for it. It could be playing into whatever story the younger male spun to run away from his family and eventually Neuvillette would ask why his contract partner was so adamant to rush everything but for now, the hydro dragon knew not to bother anyone on sensitive topics until they're comfortable.

Anyway, Neuvillette was a bit taken aback when he didn't spot M/n around the manor. Oddly enough he'd grown used to seeing M/n around with his cats in the recent week of them being here.
"Has anyone seen M/n and the triplets?"

"Huh, oh! I saw the kittens in their playroom but Monsieur M/n wasn't there. During breakfast, he seemed tired, like whatever energy he had ran out in an instant. I'm sure he's resting up."Neuvillette thanked the maid and headed off to see the kittens, just as he expected they enjoyed the room full of snacks, toys, and high places to rest. It was quite apparent that the older two weren't fans of his just yet like the youngest so he kept peering into the room to check on them, he would even observe them for a while then leave to work in his office or leave the home entirely.

He smiles briefly then walks over to M/n's room in his estate. When he peers in, the Young male is sleeping with such a peaceful look on his face. It was as if he had come back from a war that lasted many years and was finally getting rest without having to sleep with one eye open. It was strange to him, do all humans do this, or was M/n a special case? Then what could he have endured to make him like that?

Neuvillette was curious as to what happened to M/n after the male left the spotlight of being Fontaines greatest diver.
"Hm, I should dig but I don't wish to make him uncomfortable..."He stealthily leaves the door and makes his way out of the manor to head off for work.

🫧🫧🫧

Neuvillette was currently trying not to frown as a certain ruler was talking his ears off about the article in the Steambird.
"When were you going to tell me you had a lover!?"

"Must I? Last time I checked it's not your concern Furina, my life away from the court is private. The only reason it's public now is because of M/n's father but it had to be done. His father was attempting to marry him off and...I couldn't bear to see that happen. So I gave M/n the go-ahead to tell his family."Neuvillette could feel his eye twitch as the dramatic woman drones on and on about not being told.
"Ugh! Of all people you could have at least told me–"

"Furina! Can't you understand that you do not have to know everything that everyone who works for you does!?"Neuvillette slams his hands on his desk, startling the ruler a bit. He's not one to yell at anyone no matter how much she got on his nerves.
"What if having all of Fontaine know before he was ready made him uncomfortable? Knowing you, you can't keep secrets. Is it so hard to respect others and their choices?"The small woman said nothing, she merely shuffled awkwardly before leaving the office space.

Neuvillette sighed heavily, he had watched Furina grow up before his parents died, and not once had she been a considerate child. That was one thing he disliked about her, but it was his duty to watch over her as Fontaines oldest resident as of now.
"Clorinde."

"Yes."The tall woman appeared out of thin air at the sound of her name, she stood from her kneeled position.
"Has M/n woken up yet?"

"No, he's been asleep since you left. The staff has kept a close eye on him. Has he been through anything traumatic lately? I've only seen those who went to war sleep like this."

"I also don't know. I wish to ask but...I'm not sure when I should. From our first conversation, he was extremely stern and guarded...Maybe having his friend near, would help? Hm, Clorinde send a letter to Wriothesley and schedule a time for them to have alone."

"Yes sir."