A New Home for Ariel

"What were you doing on the beach naked?," Goldilocks looks over at Ariel whose wearing Goldilocks's jacket.

Goldilocks had been driving down the road near the beach when she had seen a figure lying on the beach. The girl's bright red hair and pale skin had shown on the light colored sand. She had stopped to see who the girl was and had found the girl sleeping on the beach had been naked and looked like she didn't have anywhere to go.

"I just got my legs and the eels helped to land," Ariel told the other girl.

"Ok, let me get this straight. You told me you were a mermaid, not just that but you were the princess of the underwater kingdom. So, why are you on land, with legs, and naked of all things," Goldilocks sighs.

This girl has brain damage, Goldilocks thinks to herself, there's no way this girl is a mermaid from an underwater world and now magically has legs. Though, it did so happen that she herself was being stalked by three grown men. So anything could be possible at this point. The only thing that Goldilocks thought to do was help the girl out.

Right now they were on their way back to Goldilocks's house to get Ariel some clothes. Then they were going to go to the local doctor to see if she was alright, then to the police station to file some charges against the men in the forest. Right now, everything was going as planned for Ariel. She had already found a friend in this world and was going home with her. She didn't seem like the type to want to do experiments on her. She didn't even believe that Ariel was once a mermaid princess.

Thank you Ursula for giving me legs, now I can have a normal life here on the land with this wonderful new friend, Ariel thinks to herself. They drove till they reached a small village. It wasn't very big, not compared to the city in which Ariel used to live in. Goldilocks stops at a house in the middle of one of the blocks. It was tan with a thatched roof and white-bordered windows. It looked cozy. They got out of the car and walked up to the door and Goldilocks pulled out a key and unlocked the door.

Ariel was confused, no one underwater locked their doors. Then again, no one barged into anyone's home underwater, either. They walk inside and a couple was talking in the kitchen. They rush into the front room and look at Ariel. The woman shoos the man out of the room and looks from Goldilocks to Ariel.

"I got your call honey. Of course Ariel can stay here, it would make me happy to know that she has a place to stay," the woman, who Ariel assumed was Goldilocks's mother, told Goldilocks.

"Thank you, Goldilocks's mother, it means a lot to me to know that you are alright with me spending some time here at your lovely home," Ariel smiles at Goldilocks and her mother.

"Don't thank me, thank Goldilocks for asking if you could stay here. And you may call me May," Goldilocks's mother tells Ariel.

"Thank you, Goldilocks, for asking," Ariel says and hugs her.

Goldilocks smiles and hugs her back. They said bye to May and walk back out again. They go over to the doctor's office and Ariel was checked for injuries of any kind. The doctors didn't find anything wrong with her, which leads Goldilocks to think that maybe Ariel was really telling the truth. She had heard stories of mermaids gathering near the beach. Next, they go over to the police station and Goldilocks files a complaint and a restraint against the men in the forest who had harassed her earlier that day.

They went back home that night smiling and laughing. They had decided that Ariel would sleep in Goldilocks's room. Ariel borrowed some of Goldilocks's PJ's and settled down for bed on the fluffy pallet May had made for her while they were out in town. We need to go shopping tomorrow, Goldilocks thinks to herself as she watches Ariel sleep. Soon, she too, was fast asleep in her twin-sized bed.