Intro: Sebastian

1917, the world was at war, and the United States had just joined the fighting in Europe. Every eligible young man over the age of eighteen was being drafted. This went for the Masen family in Chicago as well. Their oldest son, Sebastian, was currently packing his bags before the bus was to come and collect him. Sebastian's younger brother was slightly envious of his older brother.  Ever since the war started, that is all Edward would talk about, wanting to join the military.  Their mother Elizabeth was terrified of her oldest leaving for war, the fear of him never returning. Sebastian stopped packing his bag feeling his little brother's presence watching him from his bedroom door.

"Edward, what's troubling you," Sebastian asked his sixteen year old brother.

"Do you think the war will still be going on when I become of age so I can join the fight," Edward asked.

Sebastian looked at his younger brother.  He could see the eagerness to fight.  Sighing, Sebastian looked at his little brother.

"I really don't know, Edward, but think of mother.  Both her sons going off to war and the possibility of not coming home alive," Sebastian said as he tried to convince his younger brother that going off to war was not as glorious as it was made out to be.

Edward nodded once in understanding, but still was determined to fight if he could.  The brothers moment was interrupted by the sound of a horn honking out in front of their home.  Sebastian shoved the last few items into his bag, before he hugged his brother goodbye.  Walking down the stairs, Edward Sr. and Elizabeth were waiting for their oldest son by the front door. When Elizabeth saw her eldest son she couldn't help but burst into tears not wanting her son to go. Elizabeth had wanted her sons to marry respectable young women of Chicago and go into either law or banking, not off to war and possibly be killed.

Edward Sr. held out his hand towards his eldest before pulling him in for a hug, not knowing like the rest of his family if Sebastian would return home alive. Elizabeth pulled her eldest into a tight hug as she balled on his chest. It took both Edward Senior and Junior to pull the sobbing mother from Sebastian when the horn honked again telling the family that they needed to wrap up their goodbyes. Opening the front door, Sebastian looked at his family one last time before joining several of his friends in the bus leading them to boot camp before being deployed. However unknown to anyone in the Masen family it would be the last time Sebastian ever sees his family alive.

Boot camp flew by and in no time Sebastian and his platoon were off from New York City to England. Quickly Sebastian had ridden threw the ranks and now Sebastian was a Captain. It was now the end of November of 1917 and Sebastian was located in Cambrai, France.  It was the middle of the night when the young Captain was on patrol when he heard what sounded like approaching footsteps. When the young Captain turned around he saw no one behind him but he continued to hear what sounded like someone circling him. 

"Who's there?  Show yourself," Sebastian shouted.

Sebastian had readied his rifle in case he ended up getting ambushed. Just then a man he didn't recognize appeared out of the shadows and right in front of him.  Sebastian didn't have time to react before he fell to the ground screaming in nothing but pain.  Looking up at the night sky, Sebastian saw the man that bit him lean over him and say something in German before he passed out from the pain.

Three days later Sebastian woke in an empty house that was nearly demolished by war.  The first thing Sebastian heard were voices talking in German.  Hiding in the shadows Sebastian waited until they passed but the sound of the men's hearts beats and the flow of blood was to much for the young Captain.  Not making a sound, Sebastian attacked the last man in line breaking his neck before sinking his teeth into the German's neck draining him dry.  However one man wasn't enough for the newborn, and again Sebastian attacked the group of German soldiers. After killing the last man, Sebastian placed the bodies in a demolished home before setting it on fire before disappearing into the night, leaving behind his dog tags for his troops to find and send back home to his family.