Insane . 8

Dan slid sideways and his head hit the floor completely knocked out. I ran towards him screaming his name. I skidded to his side and immediately felt is heart. It was pulsing away and his chest was rising and falling.

Alive.

I quickly rounded on PJ "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!"

He quickly backed away as I advanced "T-they're only sleeping pills!" he held his hands up in a surrender motion "No poison."

I didn't trust him. It's something I have learned by living with Dan. Don't trust anyone. Not even your best friend. It makes you weak. The only time I have to be weak is my dreams.

"I don't believe you." I threw a cookie that slipped out of Dan's hand to him "Eat this yourself and I will believe they are safe."

PJ nodded and raised it to his lips but paused "Raven gave me a message to give to you when I got here." He pointed to the dreaming Dan "I needed to sort that out first though." He pulled out another letter and handed it to me. I could tell it was Raven's it was made of that same slightly orange paper. PJ stuffed the whole cookie into his mouth then flopped down on the sofa then closed his eyes. A few minutes soft snore issued from his mouth.

Truth.

I grabbed a few cookies and quickly hid them in my room. Maybe they will help me sleep.

I quickly took the time to repair some of the damage the angry Dan had done. Sweeping up the broken glass and binning the broken Wii remote. I also took a soft disinfecting sponge to the cuts and scrapes all over the unconscious Dan.

I think I was trying to put off reading Ravens note. It was the one thing which led me far too close to the life I didn't want to be leading. I picked up the rough paper and smelt her intense lavender perfume, which I had caught a whiff off when we drove the mini back here. I picked it up and read:

Hello Phil (Yes I do know you are the only one who will read this.)

I know Dan's blood thirst will slowly drive him insane. The cookies will help for now. I will let him kill but he needs the right person.

Be at the southern state parking lot tomorrow at five thirty exactly and you will get what you are looking for. Be inventive with her death. I do hate boring blood stains.

Him and PJ will be asleep for about twelve hours (Yes I also know you will have made PJ take one as well.)

You have safety in your suspicions but loosen up a bit. He is your friend. TRUST HIM.

The person you should really be afraid of is your Boyfriend best friend.

See you very soon.

R

X