Chapter 58- Helping an enemy

Ruby walked around Cloud Tower, exploring the school so she wouldn't get lost in there, something that had happened too much in the last three days. 

Usually you'd think exploring a whole castle was fun but, it wasn't fun. Every room she went was creepier than the last and she always felt watched. She knew the ghouls were almost always with her except when she asked them to leave her alone for a second like she did that day. They usually listened.

But, somehow, she knew it wasn't Greg, or Garry or Python. It was almost as if the castle itself was watching her. 

The redhead stupidly walked down a set of stairs to a very dark hallway, using a flashlight she stole to light her way. The walls were filled with metal doors which had a little window of metal bars in the centre. It was the dungeons and those were the cellblocks. 

She walked through the hallway and looked into the cells. They were mostly empty, apart from a few that had young witches inside. It was a very unsettling place and it gave Ruby the chills.

"Ru-by." A voice called feezing the girl in place.

It was an unknown voice, and even if it wasn't, she couldn't make out who it belonged to. The voice was very raspy and weak, almost as if the owner hadn't drank a drop of water for weeks and survived that.

Ruby waited, making sure she actually heard it and didn't just imagine it. After a while of silence she released the breath she was holding and relaxed.

"Ruby." 

She turned around in a flash getting tense once again. She pointed the flashlight to the end of the dark hallway, her hand visibly shaking, but there was nothing there. Could she be imagining stuff?

"Ov-er here, Ru-by." 

The redhead turned to the left where the voice came from, behind a celldoor. She approached it and tried to look through the little window. She saw someone sitting in the dark, close to the door. It looked like a woman but, she wasn't sure. It was a very skeletal figure, with long brown hair, dressing a worn out suit and high heels.

Ruby could swear she's seen that suit before but, where?

The woman started raising her head slowly, as if it was too heavy to lift faster. Ruby almost saw the woman's face but, in that moment a hand was placed on her shoulder, scaring the shit out of her. She screamed and dropped the flashlight, turning around to punch the person out of pure reflex. She regretted it immediately upon seeing Stormy laughing loudly and Darcy on the floor with her hand on her left eye.

"Now you know what it feels like." Stormy said laughing as Ruby helped Darcy off the floor in a hurry.

"Oh, my God, Darcy. I'm so sorry." Ruby said, cupping the taller girl's face. "It was an accident, you scared me and I was already on high alert..."

"Little one, it's fine." Darcy said, smiling reassuringly. "It doesn't hurt much, I promise."

"Now, that's a lie." Stormy mumbled. "Her punches hurt like a bitch."

"No one asked your opinion, Stormy." Said Darcy through gritted teeth. "Anyways, what are you doing here, little one?"

"I-I was exploring the castle and decided to come down here, but this place is fucking creepy."

"It's the dungeons, what were you excpecting?" Stormy said laughing making Ruby stick out her tongue at her.

"What are you two doing down here?" Ruby asked, letting go of Darcy's face.

"Tormenting Riven." Stormy answered happily before going away towards a window of metal bars.

The other two followed her and Ruby saw Riven sitting in the dark with his back turned to the window, looking really down in the dumps. It hurt her to see him like that.