331-336

331 Being Followed

Xiaoguo didn't know if the other party was friend or foe, so she brought Zhuang Zhuang and Xiaoyi back as soon as possible. What if the person was not targeting her, but Xiaoyi? As the saying goes, it's better to be safe than sorry.

"Mother, we still want to play!"

...
"That's right. I don't want to go back..."

The two children's protests were in vain. Xiaoguo was determined to send them back. No matter how they tried to act cute, it was not going to sway her decision.

Although the kids were feeling indignant, she still sent them back eventually. She only felt relieved when she saw the two of them enter the house.

When she turned around, she paid special attention to her surroundings. As expected, she realized that the person was still around. Afraid of alerting the enemy, she could only pretend not to notice and continue walking elsewhere to confirm who the person's target was.

As expected, when the person saw her leave, he quietly followed behind her. Xiaoguo was alarmed. So he was following her!

At the thought of this, she pretended to look around, but in fact, she was trying to see the person who was following her.

She had not offended anyone by coming here. Just as Xiaoguo was feeling puzzled, a large hand suddenly grabbed her.

Xiaoguo was shocked. How dare he attack her in broad daylight?!

She instinctively wanted to reach out and retaliate.

"Xiaoguo, it's me."

Jiang Danhe had just come over when he saw her wandering around from afar. She was mumbling something and looked distracted. Seeing that she was about to walk into the pond, he quickly ran over and stopped her.

"Another sneak attack?"

Jiang Danhe said in amusement. If he hadn't reacted quickly, she would have given him a slap.

"You gave me a fright!" Xiaoguo lay weakly in his arms. "Someone was following me," she whispered.

She had used all her strength just now, so her body was now feeling weak. She could only hold on to Jiang Danhe tightly and lean on him to feel at ease.

Jiang Danhe narrowed his eyes and inadvertently looked behind her. As expected, he saw the corner of a familiar white garment. His brows were instantly filled with frustration.

"Let's go back." Jiang Danhe did not say anything in the end and brought Xiaoguo back into the house.

"Did you see who that was?"

Xiaoguo returned to the house and asked anxiously.

"..." After thinking for a long time, Jiang Danhe decided to make things clear to her. "I might know who it is."

"Who?"

"Yu Zhizhi."

"Who's that?" Xiaoguo had never heard the name before.

Jiang Danhe sighed and said solemnly, "I'm not familiar with her either. If not for Li Shouji, I wouldn't have any impression of this person at all."

"What's going on?" Seeing how serious he was, Xiaoguo had a bad feeling.

"Yu Zhizhi is a physician that the Prime Minister's wife brought over from the fishing village at the last minute." Jiang Danhe first explained her identity to Xiaoguo before continuing, "A long time ago, I was injured and ended up at the fishing village. It was her father who saved me..."