Part title

(( TW: SUICIDE ATTEMPT ))

I ran to my office and locked the door.

As soon as I locked it, I rest my back on it and slid down to the floor.

What have I done? I had probably hurt his feelings. He probably thinks I hate him now...

But I don't... I love him more than anything... I just don't want to hurt him anymore. Every time he's been hurt it was my fault...

Sure they call me humanity's strongest, but I can't even save the one person that means the world to me... I couldn't save everyone in my first group... Or the second... What is wrong with me?

"DAMMIT!!!" I screamed as I slammed my fist on the wall.

What was I going to do..?

I looked around. And I spotted the knife.

I got up slowly and walked over to it. It was maybe 2 or 3 inches long, and really sharp. Hanji gave this to me as a joke gift because of my "sharp" attitude.

I picked it up. I never used this thing. It was just sitting there for god knows how long.

I could end it all right here... I could end the pain. I could end the suffering. I could atone for the mistakes I made. Right now.

I put the knife to my wrist. My hand shook as I pushed a little bit harder down. It was peircing my skin, and blood was lightly running out.

This was for Eren's sake.

...

Then something hit me.

Eren.

I couldn't do this to him...

It would crush him...

He loved me... He cared about me no matter what happened, or what I did.

So why? Why am I doing this to myself?

I pulled the knife away.

I put it back on the table where it was.

A small part of my wrist was still bleeding, and pretty badly, hence the sharpness, so I got some gauze and taped it to where the cut was.

Why did I even think about doing that? What is wrong with me?

Suddenly, I heard a light knock on my door. "Levi?"

It was Hanji.

"Go away, shit glasses."

"Come on, let me in. I can help you."

"I don't need any help, I'm fine."

She sighed.

I couldn't let her in. I couldn't let her see me like this. My eyes were still red and puffy from crying. I looked horrible.

"Go the hell away, Hanji. I'm not opening this door."

Hanji sighed more dramatically. "Alright then... I'll come back later."

I heard her footsteps soften as she walked away.

I sat down in my chair and laid my head down on the desk.

I needed to figure this out.

How could I keep Eren safe?

~