S.R - Little things

you had to say your favorite thing about Steve Rogers was the little things, the subtle 'are you okay?' looks and the morning coffee he'd drop off at your desk or wherever you had tucked yourself away on a hectic work day, scribbling away at shield paperwork, how he smelled faintly of coffee, vanilla, and wood, his soft blond hair always looked good, washed or not, those soft blue eyes that you could just get lost in.

"Hey Y/n, are you okay?" Steve asks, sitting next to you on the Quinn-jet after a hard mission, still in his perfectly sculpting gear, his shield by his foot, his face slightly grazed and speckled with dirt "uh yeah" you reply a little offbeat, thinking about him, your mind always found a way back to him.

"When we get back, I can take your paperwork, and do me a favor, sleep," he says, his voice genuinely calm and caring, slightly deep but reassuring, you go to hesitate but you can feel your body and mind screaming and pleading for a bit of sleep, so you eventually nod, yawning slightly your eyelids finally drop closed as the calm embrace of sleep washed over your tired and battered figure, your head dropping onto his shoulder, not that you noticed but he did.

"Good night sweetheart" he whispers faintly, his calming blue eyes somehow softening more, he gently brushes a strand of hair behind your ear, watching your now relaxed sleeping figure rest against him, it was hard being Captain America, and it wasn't always okay, there where people he couldn't save, things he didn't quite understand like the internet, and how odd the serum made his once small body feel so gaint, but maybe just maybe it would all be okay...