father's new toy

~~~~~~Akira sat in her father's great hall and sharpened her axe's blade! Then suddenly her father called out for her and she in return rolled her eyes! She stood up, put her axe down and walked towards the doors! Once she was outside, she looked ...

~~~~~~
Akira sat in her father's great hall and sharpened her axe's blade! Then suddenly her father called out for her and she in return rolled her eyes! She stood up, put her axe down and walked towards the doors! Once she was outside, she looked for her father! He was sat in the middle of the village and talked to two Danes! Akira approached her father and her aunt, then she asked her father, what the matter was, but she didn't get an answer! Only when her father's new army commander, Uhtred Ragnarsson joined the conversation, she understood, that it had something to do with attacking Kjartan!
~~~~~~

Akira:"Father, what is all this about?...(*Guthred turned his head*)...and why do we have guests I don't know about?"
Sigefrid:(*he grinned*)"King Guthred, you have quite a quick-witted daughter, it seems to me!...(*Guthred shook his head*)...and a pretty one at that, right, Erik?"
Erik:"Certainly a Dane with a lot of quick wit and character!...(*Sigefrid laughed*)...tell me, King Guthred, what is your daughter's name?"
Uhtred:(*he rolled his eyes*)"None of your fucking business, Erik!...(*Erik looked at Uhtred*)...you are here because King Guthred needs your men and especially you in the fight against Kjartan and certainly not so that you can harass his daughter!"
Akira:"Thank you, Uhtred! But if the two gentlemen want to know my name, let them know it!...(*Gisela looked at her*)...my name is Akira and if you want to live, you will assure my father of your men and your help in the fight against Kjartan, is that clear?"

~~~~~~
Erik nodded and after a few more hours of talking, the brothers rode off! King Guthred turned his head and locked eyes with his daughter, who was now expecting one of her father's lectures! But she didn't get to hear one and was allowed to go back to her previous task! Without any further questioning, she immediately ran back to the great hall and continued sharpening her axe's blade! A few days later: Hild, Halig, Clapa, Uhtred, her aunt and her father, were outside, watching as Uhtred showed everyone that hight in a fight, isn't always an advantage! Suddenly warriors rode through the gates and Akira instantly lifted her head, when Hild tapped on her shoulder...
~~~~~~

Hild:"Akira, do you know these warriors or at least one of them?...(*Akira thought briefly*)...they don't look very friendly..."
Akira:(*she nodded*)"The one in the front is called Tekil and the youngest one also looks familiar!...(*Hild tilted her head*)...no matter what they tell my father: they are Kjartan's men!"
Hild:"Then we have to tell him that!...(*Akira stood up*)...where are you going? Akira, your father is sitting over there, you're going the wrong way!"
Akira:(*she turned her head*)"You will talk to my father, my aunt, Uhtred, Halig and Clapa!...(*Hild's eyes widened*)...and I'll take care of our new guests in the meantime!"
Hild:"Be careful and don't screw up, you hear?!...(*Akira nodded*)...good luck, Akira!"

~~~~~~
Akira walked towards the warriors and once Tekil turned around, he felt her dagger pressing against his throat! All his men and even the youngest one, drew their weapons and were ready to fight and kill her, but Tekil told them to lower their weapons! Akira grinned and pressed her dagger even tighter against his throat, so that it was hard for him to speak! The youngest Dane soon disappeared and Akira wondered where he went, when suddenly an axe was pressed onto her spine! She swallowed and drew her own axe with her other hand and then she skilfully swung it behind her back and heard her axe blade meet his axe blade! His eyes widened and moments later Uhtred, Halig, Hild, Clapa and her father came running towards them...
~~~~~~