2

I've been working my ass off all week at boot camp. Learning new dances and singing till my throat is dry and sore. If I don't make it through I will be beyond pissed. Everyone else seems to be working hard though, including Dustin. I need this though. It's my chance to start over.

I wiped the sweat off of my forehead with my towel and grabbed a water bottle form the vending machine. It only took me a few seconds to guzzle the cool liquid. My last gulp went down the wrong way and I choked a bit, causing me to have a coughing fit.

"Wow, you okay there babe?" Dustin asked patting my back. I nodded as my coughing died down and I was able to breathe again.

"Yeah thanks." I said throwing my empty water bottle out and taking a seat on the bench.

If you're curious, we aren't dating. I like him but we both agreed to stay single for the competition so we won't get in each others way. Besides I would much rather win this competition then date Dustin, no offense to him.

"They're saying who goes on tomorrow..." Dustin trailed off. I sighed rubbing under my eyes.

"Yeah I know. You nervous?" I asked.

"Nope, how bout you?" He replied.

"Yeah, terrified." I said truthfully.

I felt extremely nervous. What if I don't make it? I don't even want to think about that. It's not even that I really want to be a singer. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's that if I was famous, I would be able to contact Louis and the boys, but I'm not sure I want to do that anymore. Of course I miss them but I'm finally starting to get over Harry after an entire year and seeing him would just make me fall apart again.

Surely he didn't see my first audition. He would have come back for me by now if he knew that I remembered everything, right? I said my goodbyes to everyone and gave Dustin a sweaty hug before I left the studio to go home.

My body was craving sleep even though it was only seven at night. I showered quickly, sliding a pair of pyjama shorts and a sports bra on before flopping onto my bed. The last thing I did before I fell asleep was check my twitter. My followers were over 100 000 now and I had to delete my facebook due to random people trying to add me. It's kind of cool having fans.

I replied to a few fans before I checked the boy's twitters. It may seem weird but seeing a recent tweet always gave me the comfort that they were safe. Call me protective but I still love them all.

All of them had the normal tweets to the fans or saying that they were doing a concert soon but one in particular caught my eye. I stared curiously at the tweet Harry had made earlier today. 'I'm coming for you.'

It's probably just an inside joke. I shouldn't worry about it because it obviously doesn't have anything to do with me. He's forgotten me and moved on according to the front page of every magazine showing al the ladies he's hooked up with. I knew it from the moment I met him. He's a player, and boys like harry will only break your heart.

I locked my phone, too tired to worry about it. It's over. He's moved on and I'm on my way to moving on. I switched off the lampoon my nightstand and wrapped myself in the covers; a sea of warmth engulfed me, comforting me slightly. Here's to another sleepless night.

I woke up to the annoying sound that came from my alarm clock. I smacked the top of the machine a few times before the sound finally stopped. I let out a fierce groan and rolled off the bed, lying on the ground for a few moments before I got up.

I wandered over to the bathroom and brushed my teeth as I picked out a cute outfit. I found a nice pair of gold, flowy shorts and slid a long blazer on overtop of my plain white tank top. ( large )

When I finished getting ready, I locked my apartment and stopped by starbucks before going to the arena. I met up with Dustin at the entrance and he wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Good luck Sam." He said kissing my forehead.

"You too!" I said in a cheerful mood.

I stood in a line with all the contestants who would be in my category. The category I was in was 18&under meaning that Dustin was in the same grouping. He gave me a warm smile from the other side of the stage before the judges starting explaining how only eight people from each category would make it onto the judges house and then only four from each category would get to go onto live shows.

They started calling out names. One by one the contestant who made it through would either cry happily or stay silent in shock.

"Okay the sixth under 18 we are putting through is Dustin Andrews." The judge announced. I looked over to the blonde boy who stood there in disbelief. He met my gaze and gave me a hearty smile and a thumbs up before thanking the judges and exiting the stage.

The judges called out another boy, meaning there were only two spots left. I shook nervously and picked the nail polished that I had painted perfectly. There was a long silence before the next judge spoke.

"The ninth and second last under 18 that we are putting through to the judge's house is.... Miss Samantha Tomlinson." The judge said.

I looked around in disbelief. Did they really just say my name? I smiled widely and felt a single tear roll down my cheek.

"Thank you so much!" I said happily before I left the stage.

When I got off the stage and into the main room of the arena, Dustin was standing there waiting for me. I didn't hesitate to run straight into his arms as he spun me around.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before we were interrupted by a fake cough. I let go of Dustin and looked around but I didn't see anyone. I furrowed my eyebrows, must just be one of the stage workers or cameramen.

"Whoa..." Dustin trailed off. His eyes seemed star-gazed as if he just saw his favourite celebrity. I followed his gaze that was focused behind me.

"Louis?" I asked, my voice cracking. He nodded with tears of his own dancing along his cheeks. I felt my breath tremble and my cheeks become wet.

"LOU!" I screamed racing over to him and letting him catch me in his arms. I held him tightly.

"I missed you so much." Louis mumbled into my hair.

I pulled away and told him I missed him too. Dustin seemed to awkwardly stand behind me so I gave a quick introduction before Dustin left to give us privacy.

"What are you doing here? I mean, you came back?" I asked.

"Yeah, I thought that I should warn you who your mentor is so that you won't-" Louis started but was cut off by an announcement being played through the arena.

"Can all contestants who made it through to judges house please return to the stage so you can meet your mentors." The announcer said.

"Oh, sorry Lou. I gotta go. Tell me after!" I shouted as I ran off to the stage.

"But Sam!" Louis said but I ignored him. It couldn't be that important, right?

Wrong.