Chapter 14

"And cut," Peter, the Director, says loudly and then looks at me, because one of the three most important scenes in the movie is being filmed. He doesn't look happy at all. Even though Henry and Sophie have this almost magical chemistry on screen, something feels off. Sighing I lean back in my chair, cross my arms in front of my body and pucker my lips trying to figure out what is wrong with it.

The first day I was on set, I thought it would be easy and fun, but quickly the reality of this demanding and tough business caught up to me. Long hours, retake after retake of a scene until Peter was content with it. He was hard on the actors and pushed them to their limits.

I had worked closely with him before the production began to give him insight into how I saw the scenes in my head when I wrote them. Even now, every night we talk about the scenes that were shot that day and the scenes that are scheduled for the next day.

It hasn't been three weeks since production started, and I am already exhausted. In the morning only the excitement of going back to set, gets me out of bed. At night, I fall into bed, but take my time to connect with my fans, by answering their questions about how filming is going and about my latest book which again is on the New York Times bestseller list.

My book was published the day that production started. Since then, I have seen couple of crew members with it walking around and even a few of them came up to me and asked me questions about it, which I was very happy to answer without revealing what will take place in the second book.

With the publication of my book, my real name as well as my appearance was also announced to the world. I have gained millions of new followers and people started to ask about Henry's and my relationship, since they figured out, that I was the woman on the pictures that were posted.

He never asked me to clarify our relationship to the public, but I wanted to set the record straight, because even though he told me, that the woman he likes would understand it, I didn't want my fans to think that we are a couple. I did a live video on Instagram and nibbed all the rumors in the bud by explaining that we are just close friends, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to work close with him as he is very good at what he does and that I couldn't have wished for a better person to portray Kilian.

Henry's and my fans still have pretty mixed emotions about the pictures that were posted about us. Some are sad, that we aren't a couple, because they think that he deserves someone in his life to be happy with. Others are glad, that he is still single and that they might have the opportunity to catch his eye.

Thinking of sleep, I take my coffee cup and take a sip from my very strong coffee, because it is already past my usual bedtime. I tilt my head to the side and try to think back to when I wrote the scene, which had been on my mind for weeks on end before.

"What do you think?", Peter asks me, and I sigh. It is the first scene in the book where you get a glimpse of how much Kilian cares for Alveria.

"It needs to be more intimate and repulsive at the same time. When I wrote that scene, I already knew, that they are supposed to be soulmates. The fact that he already loves her, even though they only have met a handful of times, needs to transpire in this scene. To him she is this fragile thing, that could literally destroy him. But Alveria hates what he stands for. She loathes him for what he is capable of doing to keep the balance in their world, but at the same time she feels the pull toward him." Peter looks at me puzzled.

"I know I'm an author and it should be easy to explain what I mean, but would you mind if I just show it to you, if you, Henry and Sofia don't mind?" I ask him, and he nods his head in surprise.

Peter has asked me several times in the last three weeks if I could show them exactly what I meant in a scene, but I had always refused. Because neither am I an actress, nor do I want to interfere with his version. So far, there hasn't been a single scene where I could have thought that it didn't correspond to what I had in mind when I wrote the book.