Epilogue

Three years later

"Henry," I say his name softly as I look at the sky that is scattered with clouds. I feel him turning his head on top of my stomach to look to me and I start to smile.

"What can I do for you, love?" he asks me as I keep moving my fingers through his hair.

"The last three years have been quite the ride, haven't they?"

"They have been the three most wonderful to me and I hope we will continue like that," he answers immediately, and I chuckle which makes Kal getting up and walking up to my face to lick it. Then he lays down next to me and rests his head on my right upper arm.

The first few months of our relationship were harder than I thought they would be. The days after Henry and I were at the Harry Potter Studios and then at Grace pub were filled with pictures and articles of us.

At first, I didn't mind it, because they were still respectful, but when the media picked up what a close source to the Maxwell family said, I was devastated. I was hurt. I was angry. Suddenly everyone turned against me. They made me look like I cheated on Luke with Henry.

Luke wasn't mentioned in the articles, but to me it was clear that it had been him. Money was clearly not the issue, because he started to work at his father's company. Maybe he wanted to have control over me a last time, because he saw how well I was doing without him. Maybe the pictures of Henry and me laughing and enjoying life set him off. I still don't fully understand the reason of it, and I will probably never. However, I feel I know what his intention was: to make Henry's and especially my name looking bad in the press.

People suddenly called to boycott my books and the movie. They portrayed me as a cheater and liar. They said things like I planned all of it, to become more famous and get more attention.

These comments hurt a lot. I cried a lot. However, I can count myself lucky that I had and still have such wonderful and caring people in my life, or I might have given in to the shitstorm the media created. Henry stood next to me and held my hand through everything. He never mentioned that it was bad publicity for him nor did he weaver when I asked him if he wanted to break up so he wouldn't have to go through being followed by more paparazzi than ever.

"I don't give a fuck about what they say, I know the truth and that is all that matters," he said and pulled me into a tight hug.

During that time friends of mine stepped forward without being asked to and explained on their own social media that I am a kind and loving person, that they if they thought someone was cheating in that relationship it was Luke and not me. People from the movie crew said that they knew I was single when production started and thought that there was attraction between Henry and I, but we only started to act on it at the end of the filming in the UK.

It took over two months in which I cried and needed Henry as my rock to settle the shitstorm. I stayed with Henry in England until we needed to return to LA so he could finish shooting the movie. After the first day on set I made the heartfelt decision not to return as there were just too many paparazzi trying to get a picture of us together since we had been undetected in England.

While all of that happened my relationship with Henry grew closer and with everything he did and still does for me, he shows me how much I mean to him. In the beginning there was a lot of passion which is still there but out of it has blossomed a level of intimacy that I haven't known.

The feeling of trust and commitment grew stronger until he asked me to marry him one and a half years ago while his family was staying with us at his house in Fort Lauderdale over Christmas. Thankfully it wasn't too romantic, because I would have laughed straight in his face if there would have been rose pedals or candles involved. It is one of the memories I hold the most cherished in my heart and memory.