Chapter 4: Escape

Isabelle sat on her bed, her legs tucked up to her chest, or as much as they could be, with her arms wrapped around them. She was nervous but excited to escape this place and get back to her mate. She rocked back and forth and asked Sarah, when do we go?

Just wait, and be patient, she replied. When you hear footsteps coming, that's your cue to turn. Got that?

Got it, she replied as she put her feet down on the ground and sat up at attention waiting for him to come.

She became bored pretty quickly but soon she heard the soft patter of footsteps coming and they became louder quickly. On Sarah's cue, she turned herself invisible and stood up, walking closer to the door and waiting for it to open up.

Keys rattled in lock for a moment before the door opened up and in walked that man she couldn't even bare to think of his name it disgusted her so much. She slipped out behind from from the door before he could even notice that she wasn't there yet. After a few feet, she heard a roar from behind her, or more like a growl, she thought. She quietly chuckled to herself and made her way to the entrance, or where she hoped the entrance was since this was the way he always came.

She could hear yelling as he stomped around and yelling at guards for where she was. Of course they wouldn't know though, nobody could see her. She laughed to herself at this thought as she finally found the door that would take her outside of this terrible place.

Isabelle quickly slipped out the door as quiet as possible and followed Sarah's directions on which way to go. If she tried finding her own way, she knew she would never make it so she had to trust her wolf at all cost.

As she was walking, all she could think was that this escape was just to easy for her and that was weird, but who could blame her? She really was doing the impossible, something that no other being has ever done before. It kind of was like a dream, one that was great but horrifying at the same time because of the situation she was in.

Isabelle followed Sarah around the building and soon she was told to change back again. She quickly slipped into visible form and hid behind something as rouges raced by. She stayed where she was, safe until the cost was clear and she could change back. Isabelle slipped back to her other form and once again wondered how she could do this as she made her way towards the exit.

As she kept running closer, she could almost taste her freedom, something she hadn't had in a long time. "We're almost there baby, we can make it," Isabelle said softly putting her hand over her stomach as she ran as fast as she could. But it was hard, she hadn't had this much exercise in a while and her limbs were all stiff. Her body was in pain from all the beatings and to make matters worse, the baby was slowing her down, but she couldn't complain, her baby was what she had now and she wouldn't let anything happen to it. She kept pushing herself, even when she couldn't anymore. Just as she ran out the door, she heard his voice again saying how his men better find her because he was hers.

Those words triggered a memory insides Isabelle's head, one that happened to be on the second day she was there and was pulled inside it in her head.

Isabelle felt a hard smack against her cheek and her head turned violently to the side. She turned her face back towards the person and spit blood out of her mouth. She had bitten her lip and cheek when she was smacked and now it was forming in her mouth.

"You will obey me and do what I say," the person told her, "otherwise you will never see the ones you love again. Do you understand?"

Isabelle slowly nodded, and couple of tears rolling down her cheeks at the thought she would never see Jared again. She had to stay strong though, she wasn't going to crack under his pressure, she needed to see her family again.

"I don't hear nods," the person before her said.

"Yes, I understand," Isabelle said softly.

"Good, now that we are at an understanding, I'll come back later. You are mine and you always will be..."

Isabelle shook her head clear of the memory as she ran towards the forest and her freedom, hoping with all her heart that she could make it out of there safe and sound and to her love Jared.

I'm coming Jared, Isabelle once again repeated in her head for the hundredth time, I'm coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter but hey, at least I updated. Yay! What do you think? And what do you think is going to happen next? Share with me your thoughts. And don't forget, if you like this story, vote on the chapters please! It would mean a lot. And if you comment and vote, it might encourage me to update faster! Let's see how this goes!

Comment

Vote

Share