Chapter 16: Shopping

Isabelle woke up in the morning with a yawn and noticed that Jared wasn't there in bed with her. This was unusual for he had always woke up beside her except for a couple of time. Sighing, she slowly got up to the best of her abilities and stretched on her feet before waddling out the door to find him.

All she had to do was follow the smell. It led her straight to him. She smiled when she saw him and waddled up behind him, wrapping her arms around his back while she tilted to the side to give her better room because of her belly.

Jared was at the stove making, and smelling, what looked like bacon. She also saw that there were two plates out on the counter with some eggs on them and waffles. It wasn't until she saw them did she realize how hungry she was. She was even hungrier than usual thanks to the fact that she was eating for two now.

"Thank you," Isabelle grinned and kissed him on the cheek.

Jared laughed and turned to face her. "No problem sweetheart. You know I love to cook for you."

She laughed as well and replied, "I know. And I love that you do."

Jared pecked her lips and handed her her plate which now had bacon on it. "Here you go." She grabbed the plate from his hand and headed to the table.

Jared soon joined her and a little bit into breakfast, Jared suggested, "so, I was thinking about going shopping today for the baby."

Isabelle looked up at him. "Really? But we don't even know the gender of the baby yet! How do we know what to buy it!"

"Don't worry," Jared said trying to calm his mate down, "I know we'll be able to find some things for the baby. For some of the things, we don't even need to know the gender. We can get a crib, a car seat thingy that you also carry around, and some-"

Isabelle stopped him by laughing. He looked at her weirdly. "What is it? What did I say?"

"It's just called an infant car seat. You obviously don't know the names of some baby things."

He grinned sheepishly. "Well I admit I never paid attention to what some of the things are called."

"I think maybe you should start learning what some of the things are called or else, how are you going to know what I'm asking you for if you don't know the names?"

Jared shrugged, "I don't know, but I bet I'll figure it out."

"You better or else you'll have an angry mate on your tail if you can't get me what I need." Something then dawned on her and she looked up at him again, looking worried. "What if Mike finds us?"

Jared growled and pulled her onto his lap. "I'm not going to let him get to you. We'll have guards around us while we're shopping so we'll be protected."

She let out a breath of relief as she relaxed against his arms. "Okay. So, should we go shopping now?"

He nodded, "we should."

---

"Ooo! What about this crib?" Isabelle asked looking the dark stained wood on the outside. It could also later be turned into a toddler bed. She really liked the the dark stained wood of it, it looked so much nicer than the white one and the light stained one they had seen earlier.

Jared laughed and nodded, "yeah, I really like that one. This is the one we should get. Let's buy it." He picked up the box that was right next to model of the bed and put it in the cart along with all their other baby stuff.

"Okay, so now we need bottles, bibs, some pacifiers, a changing table for the room, and some paint." She was reading this off of a list they had made, along with the help of his mom and her own mom since her parents were also now there at the pack and they came over all the time. They already had all the other necessities besides clothing because they had decided they would wait and be surprised what the baby would be for when they were born.