005. Reality Bites Me

"A sent this letter to my Mom." Aria explained.

For the past half an hour, Aria had been talking to each of the girls about what 'A' had done to her family. Aria had to keep her Father, Byron's, affair a secret for over a year. That was until 'A' sent her Mother, Ella, explaining everything.

"You know it's not your fault, right?" Emily said, "It's your Dad's mistake, totally."

"No, it is my fault." Aria insisted.

"You did not hook up with her and then ask your kid to cover for you." Spencer said, bringing plain bagels to the counter.

"Ali said I should've told my Mom right after it happened." Aria confessed.

"Ali knew?" Emily questioned.

"Are we even surprised?" Rachel commented. She was the only girl not in pajamas, as she couldn't stay at Spencer's all night due to Leo. But she did make time to come over in the morning.

"Yeah, she was with me." Aria explained.

"So, Alison saw this Meredith person?" Rachel questioned. Hanna immediately scoffed in disgust.

"Meredith? Her name is Meredith." Hanna said, "Ew. That's not even a cute-girl name. I'm seeing big pores and mousy roots."

"Hanna, I think it's a little too soon to joke." Spencer muttered to her.

"I'm sorry, but if you're gonna cheat, you might as well do it with somebody who deep-conditions her hair occasionally." Hanna joked.

Spencer shoved a bagel towards Hanna's mouth. "Here, put something in your mouth besides your foot."

"I'm sorry, okay?" Hanna said to Aria, "Look, all I'm saying is that when my Dad left, laughing sometimes helped."

Rachel nodded. "That's true. When I was younger and my parents left for months at a time, I would pretend to be an orphan and follow people around, begging for them to adopt me."

Every girl turned to her with a confused look. "What?" Rachel said defensively, "I was seven!"

Aria stood up with the rest of them. "My Father hasn't left, guys. I mean, this happened over a year ago." Each of the girls looked at each other doubtfully. "You think he's gonna leave?"

"Look, whatever happens, we're here for you." Emily said.

"Right. Anything you need, just let us know." Said Rachel, putting her hand on Aria's shoulder.

"Thank you guys for staying here." Spencer said, "And Rachel for coming this morning. I couldn't have been here alone."

"When's your family getting back?" Hanna asked.

"This afternoon." Replied Spencer.

"Weren't you gonna clean off the mirror before they get here?" Rachel asked. Spencer hesitated, and Rachel took that as nervousness. "Want me to come with?"

Spencer nodded and then Aria suggested they all go. Hanna seemed to not want to go upstairs with the mirror until Aria made her scared. "Great. You spray, I'll wipe."

The five girls went upstairs to Spencer's room, but halfway up the stairs, Hanna's phone rang. Each girl went to her and watched as she opened the text. "Well, the creatures back. We never should've unblocked our phones."

The text read; "Ever wonder what's going on when your back is turned?" and with it was two attachments.

"Open the attachments." Emily said. Hanna clicked on the first and they saw a slightly masked video of the four girls, excluding Rachel, standing at Spencer's mirror.