chap 2

the cap acton wore in cadet school, it now hangs on a wall in his solo dorm

. . . . .

Sitting in the black leather seat of the jet Cole lets a long sigh, "why me" he says under his breath wondering how he was put into the mess of a project. despite his thoughts he rests his hand on the start up pulling back the slick black lever "Ready for take off" he says into his headset, "Hold on, Agent sevens on his way" Says one of the many runway managers, What. he says under his breath. Agent seven, also known as Agent Acton, is possibly the worst person to pair up with Cole, the way their persona clash is almost irritating to Cole, they haven't spoken since cadet school, but Cole is sure he hasn't changed, Actons always been a stubborn kid. His thought is interrupted by the lock on the left wing door opening, Acton steps into the ship with a swift step, his dark hard grown into a long yet fluffy mullet, *weirdo.*

[Actons POV]

I step into the cockpit, where Cole is sat with his arms crossed in a stubborn slump, "Well hey there, *cole*" I say in a mocking tone. "Acton." He says in a low whisper, looking out of the side window. "Alright listen. We're gonna get this done, fast. No funny business just a swift mission we fly in, we fly out, got that?" he with an odd blush on his face. "Copy that?" I say in an awkward and high pitched tone. Cole, he's almost scary now.

As the wheels start to turn and the jets turn on for the first time in years, the doors lock, the visors come down, it's a moment of pure anxiety, never knowing if you're going to be caught in a storm or pole change. The way the planets shift, puts danger into anything that leaves the ground, the sad reality for many pilots before me, making it to your destination is the hardest part of the job, dying in one of these jets is as easy as breathing. It take one knock off course or one change of plan to take you to the grave. The worst part. No one will know. They never know.

A/N short and simple. bit rushed but im trying lmao, vote and comment or something like that