June

The sun is shining through our peach colored curtains making an orange color dance around the hardwood floor. My eyes raise to Sloane's bed, she hasn't moved except her pants have now somehow made their way down to her ankles. A grin comes across my face and i reach for my phone on my night stand to snap a photo for my snapchat story. I can hardly contain my laughter as i try to snap the pic trying not to wake her, but the picture won't take. I tap the button over and over but it doesn't capture. I close the app to open my camera, holding my phone up i tap the button... and nothing. Hmm, I pull my blanket up rubbing my screen before trying one more time, but to no avail. Weird. I slide my notification bar down and gasp at the time 6:49PM!? That's not right, there has to be something wrong with my stupid phone.

I throw it down on my blanket and tiptoe over to Sloane's bed sliding her phone from between her sleeping fingers. 6:50pm. What the fuck, i stand in the middle of our room looking at the sun as it sets towards the east side of the building. I mean Sloane could sleep forever if no one is there to wake her, but me? I can't even sleep past 9am if i wanted to. I was pretty drunk last night, that has to be it. I just partied too hard, good enough reasoning for me to not dwell on the matter anymore, i shrug my shoulders setting down her phone. But before my finger tips part with it, i stop. I want to try something, I raise the phone with the camera app open and click the shutter button, nothing. My eyes dart around trying to figure out what is exactly happening, i half expect there to be a camera crew and Ashton Kutcher to burst out of my closet announcing i'm on MTV Punk'd.

"Sloane, wake up its 7pm." i shake her shoulder softly. i'm hesitant to wake her, one time she told me to wake her up for her class and when i did she threw a coffee mug at my head.

"OKAY!?" she raises her voice at me as i back up slowly with my hands out trying to not anger the beast anymore than i already have. "The bars don't open until 9 Junie." I stare at her sparkly dress still on from last night as i press my lips together. I've learned to pick and choose my battles with Sloane, she can be like arguing with a brick wall. Grabbing my bag i decide to head to the dining hall all by my lonesome.

Guess she will figure out dinner on her own i say to myself sassily knowing i will get suckered into figuring out something to feed her later. Tucking my hands into my hoodie pocket i trot across campus my jeans swishing as the pant legs brush up against one another. The sunset is beautiful here this time of year and i am lucky to have just caught the end of today's. I admire and soak in the last few moments of the sun as I kick my feet between the fallen leaves around campus.

The architecture here is so pseudo-gothic and the high arches and massive hallways leave the campus looming with eeriness at night, but beautiful nonetheless. I round the big corner that leads to the infamous arch filled hallway, tons of photos are taken here every day so it doesn't surprise me as i hear some people on the other side. Two girls giggle to each other about something i can't seem to make out, but thats when i hear him. "June." says a tall dark figure standing in between the 30ft tall arches. "Hello?" i ask back to the man, how does he know my name? I peak my head around the columns searching for anyone, the girls seem to have gone so i am now here all alone. My breathing hitches as he stands there looming over me, watching me. "June." a whisper brushes across the back of my neck saying my name soft as velvet. My body starts to shake as i swing my head around forcefully, trying to find anyone behind me. I remember the tall figure and raise my head back up to meet him, but he's gone.