a house that isn't home

Share my OC's trauma! I created each character in this story, don't hate.

Lukas's POV:

I woke up to screaming and arguing. I sat up and quickly recognized the voices as I plopped back on to my bed. It's my mom and older brother, they do this all the time. I remembered something and quickly jumped up, running to my brother, Sora's, room with some headphones. I rushed into the room and saw Sora sitting on his bed, covering his ears and crying.

Lukas: "it's alright, Sora! Just a small argument, nothing to worry about!"

I knew Sora couldn't handle arguing and yelling, he starts crying when things get too loud. I slipped the headphones on his head and played some song he likes, it's called "dzanum" it's a different language, but I don't know what language it is, sounds kind of like Russian. Anyways, I turned the volume up and he started calming down until he eventually fell asleep while leaning on me. After a while, I fell asleep too.

Sora's POV:

I was awakened by someone barging into my room, I'm a light sleeper even with headphones on. I looked up and it was our dad, he's normally a pretty laid back dude, but right now, he looked panicked. He went to my closet and grabbed a backpack, shoving my stuff inside. I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say, I just laid there and watched. Afterwards, he left my room, leaving the bag by my door. He came back a couple minutes later with another bag, which I'm guess was from Lukas's room. He walked over and I shut my eyes tight, pretending to still be asleep as he picked us up. He put us in the car with the backpacks and started driving. I was too scared to say anything. He drove up to our grandmother's house and then carried us inside.

"She's drunk again, I'm not letting her hurt my kids anymore, can we please stay here mom?"

I heard my dad ask.

"Of course, my son, I love having my grandchildren here with me!"

"One thing mom, *_____* doesn't go by that anymore, he goes by Sora now"

"That's fine dear, they're both my grandsons and I'm happy to have both of these boys!"

I almost started crying, mom never accepted me as trans, but dad and Lukas always supported me, and now grandma does too. This was probably the happiest day of my 8 year old life.

"Does that mean that Lukas and Sora are ok to share a room now? They are twins after all, and twin brothers at that. They should share a room, no?"

Grandma asked dad as dad set Lukas and I on the couch.

"They can, but it's up to them. Just because they're both boys now, doesn't mean they'll be comfortable sharing a room. We'll ask them in the morning"

Hmm. I thought to myself. Maybe this house will feel like home! I smiled slightly.