2

What are you talking about, Bill?” Lana asked. She wasn't too worried about what Bill was hiding. She was more curious than anything else.

He’s just a ladiesman,”
She finally understood.

Oh! He’s a player,"she confirmed.

“Yeah, and I consider you a friend, and I don’t want to see you get hurt,
She looked into his eyes. Even though they were twins, Bill's eyes were different. He had those same chocolate brown eyes, but they were like puppy eyes. Full of wonder. She could stare into them for hours. The smokey black makeup around his eyes was even more enticing.

You don't have to worry about me, Bill…I just met Tom, I’m sure if anything were to happen, then I would be able to handle it,”
Tom has always been like that. Even when we were kids, he dated this girl I liked, and when he was done with her, and then I took her-”

“You- Wait, wait, wait,” She laughed. Bill let out a breathy laugh. “You did what?”

Well we were like nine years old, look all I am saying is, old habits die hard, he goes after a girl then leaves when he’s done, bored, or finds something else…I’m just telling you this to warn you, not to scare you,” He told her.

“I still love my brother and I could care less of what he does, but I like you, you’re nice and I think we’d make really good friends and if you do decide that you like Tom then just be careful,”

You think he’d really do that?”

I can’t say for sure, but it’s a possibility,” 
She stayed quiet as she stared at her fries in deep thought. She knew he must have been some kind of flirt, but to actually hurt her like that? She’d hardly consider them as friends right now, but still…

Listen, take what I said with caution but don’t let that define what you think about him, who knows what will happen Lana, maybe it will be different with you,” He spoke quickly.

Yeah you’re right, I’m getting ahead of myself. I don't even like Tom like that,” She quickly shook her head. Bill arched his pierced brow at her, an unconvinced look in his eye, causing her lips to turn down into a nervous smile before they both erupted in laughter.
After her talk with Bill, Tom returned, showing off the new shoes he bought as well as a new cap to match. She had left the mall, dropping them off at the apartment before heading home by herself.
Two weeks had passed, and the school had started up again. Seeing some of the schoolmates she barely considered to be her friends was bearable, yet the same mocking and prodding happened every day, it seemed. From the girls who were popular and were jealous of the way she didn’t flaunt her fame, or the boys that tormented her for being ‘different’. Her alternative style was always photographed and idolized with the paparazzi, but was frowned upon the second she stepped on the school grounds. The bullying was bad, very bad when she was younger. It only eased a bit more as she grew into high school, yet the harassment continued. She never told anyone, not even her parents about it…no one needed to know her business, and she intended for it to stay that way. She didn’t trust many people anyway. But, it was times like this where she wished she had someone to call a true friend to stick beside her on campus.

A month later, she was invited to a party at the boys’ apartment. It was mostly the four of them, herself and some of their friends and staff/crew that worked for the band. After telling her parents that she was spending the night at one of her girlfriends houses, she got the okay to get as drunk as she pleased. After a few drinks, she was enjoying the buzz she was building, listening to music in the living room and mingling with the others. As she sits herself down on the patio, Lana feels someone place their hands on her shoulders. She pauses her conversation with one of the girls as they share a cigarette.
‘Remember what Bill told you,’ She reminded herself as she brightly smiled at him.