Chapter 44

Ava

I am too distraught to message Sebastian back and you know what, serve him right for kissing another woman. I am so angry and so upset and on top of that I feel utterly stupid for laying my heart on the line and my trust in practically a stranger. I groan as I get out of the taxi at the airport. 

There is no way he's coming here not to the airport surely? He will only cause a scene because right now I am in the angry stage. I've cried so many tears in the taxi that I feel like I'll have a crying drought for the next year. Now I am just as mad as hell. The taxi ride felt like it took an eternity, I need the space and distance between us. I'm also gutted that I'm cutting my trip short, I really had my heart set on staying here in Spain being with Sebastian and then flying back whilst he went to Japan.

Okay so I'm not going to lie, I kind of thought he'd ask me to go to Japan with him, clearly not because he became far too busy kissing some other woman. And whilst I am in one, why did she have to look so blinking perfect with her ice maiden, long blonde hair? It goes without saying that now I wish I had blonde hair, only I'm not prepared to dye it. That is such a rubbish thought I'm just being ridiculous. My heart is still pounding, what if he does come to the airport? Actually he would be mobbed by so many people, I've seen this in action except for in his home town of Santa Fe. Trust me it is scary, I don't think I would enjoy having all those phones in my face trying to get a picture or a video of me. Wherever he goes he needs to have a bodyguard or two around him. I've never really thought of it before but even with all his money he still can't live a peaceful life like mine. Was. I say was because now it's been turned upside down and inside out, my emotions with it.

"You forget to pay, señorita." I hear the taxi driver say. Shit. How could I forget to do this? I know exactly how because I'm hurting, angry and feel like bawling my eyes out again. I want to tear my own heart out from my body and throw it against a wall. Perhaps then it wouldn't feel like it is breaking in two. 

"Lo siento."  I say and take my purse out from my small bag. Just the sight of it chokes me up. Sebastian bought it for me at a small local market when we were in Madrid down a cobbled side street, where thankfully nobody recognized him and we could wander hand-in-hand, just the two of us. His bodyguards on that occasion at least a few meters behind. We kissed and he nuzzled my neck then I saw this beautiful turquoise creation with a myriad of different colored stones sewn into it. "Mi precioso, you want it." His lips brushed mine, he tasted of roasted coffee and mint. I'll never forget how he tastes or his lemon and cinnamon fragrance. I will definitely be warned off all men who wear that same fragrance. 

I'd smiled at him and told him I could buy it but no, Sebastian insisted and not only did he pay the ten Euro for it, he gave the woman an elderly vendor a wad of euros in her hand. I've seen this display of generosity from him multiple times and I like it. He cares for the people and that brings on a fresh surge of pain to my chest. Right, the taxi man is now staring at me and he isn't looking quite as friendly as he did when he picked me up. Money. I need to pay him. 

I hand over the forty euros plus another twenty for a tip. I missed most of Zaragoza during the drive from the hotel. I was too busy with my head down wiping tears and reading his messages. Do you think perhaps I was a bit hasty? I mean now I'm inside the airport I feel scared and conflicted. What if I was just a bit too dramatic. Perhaps there is an innocent explanation, I don't usually tend to be dramatic this is a first for me. Yet my mom always said to go with my instinct and my instinct tells me to get to the desk, purchase a ticket and get on the next available flight. 

I already checked in advance during the ride, in between his imploring messages and saw there is a flight leaving in roughly two hours, the next one in four hours. Hopefully I can get on the first flight. I want to feel my mom's arms around me, I want to sit on my favorite sofa with my comfy blanket around my knees and sob my heart out cuddling my aged teddy. If that's too girlie for a young twenty-three year old like me, then tough.  Comfort is what I need.