Hallie X GN!Reader (Angst)

Whoohoo!! The first oneshot is angst !!

This was requested by my dear friend Ani, aka Braindead_Brainrot

Total word count: 1222

This story contains:
Gore
Death
Romance (yay !!)

This story takes place at: Checkpoint 10. Finale
It also takes place during the final boss part I.
SECRETS entire speech is in this lol.
So um yeah, spoiler allert !!

Plot: SECRET whoops your ass and Hallie becomes emo, then you kiss before death.

2nd person Reader pov !!

Now read and suffer 👹👹👹👹

I fell in your arms tonight.

You sighed deeply as you walked through the long hall. The stained glass windows gave everything an ethereal look, in perfect disharmony with the rest of SECRETS tower. You clutched the grip of your bazooka. This was it. This was the end. You glanced at the statues of Lockelan, the person who had fought the darkness 100 years before you. What happened to him? It's a question you've been asking yourself for a while. After the talk with Gatekeeper, you couldn't help but think about it, it's been plaguing your mind. You shaked your head, trying to get the thought out. It worked, somewhat at least. The question was still in the back of your mind, but you decided to ignore it. 

You smiled to yourself as you looked at your friends behind you. You couldn't have gotten this far without them, you know that for sure. You wave at Hallie as you saw her approach. Out of all your friends, you were definitely the closest with her. You smiled at the forest spirit as she came closer. She had a worried look on her face. "Hallie, what's wrong? Are you okay?" You asked her as she frowned, before speaking. "I- I don't want you to fight him..." You glanced at her, furrowing your brows. "I have to. You know that, right? If I don't then-" You paused "then we could all die, he would take over the forest, and-" "Please!" Hallie grabbed your shoulders, tears welling up in her eyes. "...I don't want to lose you too..." She muttered out the last part, before pulling you in a hug. You were stunned for a few seconds, before pulling away. "...You won't. I'll beat him, don't worry, I'll be with you..." You smiled at Hallie, reassuring her that everything would be fine. She frowned and nodded, her eyes still teary. You took a deep breath and walked towards the staircase at the end of the hall, your friends right behind you.

As you stepped foot through the entrance, you are met with a big circular chamber, a huge statue of the hero himself stood on the opposite side of you. You looked up, and saw him. The person who caused all this chaos destruction. SECRET. Floating above the ground, with his back turned on you. You gulped, you were way more more intimidated than you'd like to admit.  The moment of silence was quickly shut of by SECRET starting to talk. "Is this what you humans have been up while I was asleep? Making statues of Lockelan, the hero who couldn't even finish the job? How pretentious." You heard Hallie speak up. "You were the one that fought with the Hero of Misty Forest, 100 years ago... What happened to them...?" SECRET chuckles, his raspy voice made you shudder as he slowly turned around to face you. "You want to know where Lockelan is? You're looking right at him." You frown slightly as you glance up at the image on the stained glass behind him. SECRET is Lockelan? But how..? You snap out of your trance as he spoke up again. "My influence is limited by a barrier surrounding the forest. However, there is a way for me to break through that barrier..." You let your gaze wander back to look at SECRET. "Possessing a human body of extraordinary power." You frown slightly, trying to remember what happened earlier in the tower, but your mind is foggy. "100 years ago, Lockelan offered me THEIR BODY in exchange for peace. But during my century of imprisonment, their vessel has withered and died. It is no longer capable of breaking the barrier. That is why I must thank you all." You could see Hallie glance at you worriedly out of the corner of your eye. "Because you've all brought me a perfect new body to take over."

Your body freezes up as the realization dawns upon you. How did you not think of that that earlier? You're the vessel? You slowly load your bazooka, you can't turn back now. You have to fight. SECRET slowly starts floating down to the ground. "Still want to be a hero? Very well." A sword appears in his hand as he glares at you and your friends. "Let me show you what happens to heroes." With that, he sent an attack your way, catching you offguard. You threw yourself to the side just in time, his attack cutting your shoulder as you rolled over the floor. At least you didn't die. You quickly pulled yourself up, managing to actually dodge the next attacks. SECRET grinned as he floated up in the air and sent a rain of purple orbs your way. You let out a choked yelp as one of the dark orbs hit you in the stomach, pushing you back a few steps. You coughed up a bit of blood as you glance up at him, before realizing he was litteraly trying to impale you with his sword. You jumped out of the way just in time, managing not to get hurt more. You aimed your bazooka and shot at SECRET, just barely hitting him. Your arm ached as you grit your teeth while watching SECRET get up and attack you again. You weren't sure how long you could hold this up. You were getting more tired with every swing of his sword, everything he sent at you was slowly but surely doing its job. You frowned as you saw him trying to impale you again. You tried to get away in time, but you were just a little bit too slow.

I fell hard in your arms tonight, it was nice

It took you a second to process the sword that just went through your chest. A trickle of blood dripped down your chin as SECRET calmly pulled his blade out of your body, all while still having that shit-faced grin on his face. Your legs were too weak to carry the weight of your body, you fell down to the floor, your head hitting the stone bricks. You could hear someone call out to you, but everything was so far away. You felt a pair of hands lift you up, hugging you tightly. "Y/n? Can you hear me? Y/n, please say something!" A voice spoke, yet it felt too unfamiliar to recognize it. Wait, was that... "H-Hallie..?" You managed to stutter out, coughing up a bit of blood on the floor. She clung onto you tighter, sobbing as she held your cooling body against hers "PLEASE Y/N,  Don't die on me! You know I need you!" She choked out under her sobs. "...I love you Y/n! I can't do this without you! Please..." You smiled bitterly, before muttering "...I love you too, Hallie..." You lifted your hand up, caressing her face. A simple movement, yet it took so much energy out of you. "...but you know I won't live through this..." You grabbed ahold of Hallie's shoulders, lifting yourself up and kissing her sweetly. Hallie was stunned for a second before kissing you back. The moment lasted a few seconds, before your arms felt too weak to hold your weight. You let go of Hallie, while everything was slowly turning dark. "I'm sorry... I should've known I wasn't fit to be a hero..."

I died in your arms tonight❞

"Y/n? Y/n! Y/N-"

I  slipped through into the afterlife, it was nice