Gatekeeper/Keyelan (Angst)

((something weird happened, I had to republish the thing. Idk what but oh well))

Alright, so I know I said I would make a Mechaturtle x Reader. The truth is that I can't write non-serious stuff, apparently. So have this instead.

Total word count: 1424

This story contains:
Nudity (because he's taking a shower he hasn't in like a month >:( he's stinky)
Swearing
Gore
Death
Derealization/dissociation
Self Harm
Mentions of suicide
Romance

This story takes place in no checkpoint in particular, however, it does spoil a lot of the games lore, particularly with what happened 100 years ago. So yeah, watch out.

Plot: No plot description, whatever comes will hit you like a turtle missile >:)

3rd person POV.

Teehee.

A group of people were walking through a forest, machinery in tow. A slight chatter came from two men in the team. "Sheesh, this forest stretches out for miles, doesn't it?" One of them said. "Agh, my legs feel like jello from so much walking..." The person next to him chuckled at his boyfriends comment. "C'mon Keye. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you took on this job. If you can't handle a little walking, can you really handle being part of the Forest Surveillance Team?" "Speak for yourself dude. You've been out exploring forests since we were kids. I was never the adventurer-type." "You two, quit the chit-chat." The team leader addressed them, looking away from his scanner. "The source of the signals is here." Everyone stopped to look at the ruins that the signals seemed to come from. "Let's start digging."

"Hey, does this forest feel... strange to you?" Keye asked his partner, sipping from his mug of coffee. "Ever since we followed the energy signals into this forest, it feels like something has been watching us." "I think that's just you. I got that feeling after my first expedition. It goes away after a while." He was quick to shoo away Keye's worries, reassuring him that everything was fine. "...I don't know. This feels different." He said, still not entirely convinced. "Oy! You guys! We found something!" A fst worker yelled at the two from the center of the ruins, where there was now a huge hole in the ground. Keye got up, following his boyfriend to the rest of the team. "What the hell is that?" The leader asks, glancing at the weird purple orb in the middle of the hole. "Yep, this is definitely where the signals are coming from." He said as he looked over his shoulder, behind him. "Get the scientists over here, we need to-" He was cut off by the orb, that had suddenly floated off the ground, shooting a beam of energy at him. The rest of the fst watched in horror as their leader was quickly destroyed, being nothing more than a black marking on the forest floor. Screams of terror errupted from the remaining members as they were all picked off one by one. "Lockelan, we have to get out of here!" Keye yelled at his boyfriend, determined not to die there. Lockelan just stood there, frozen in place, with a look of fear and shock on his face. "Lockelan!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The two came to an halt, they had been running for what felt like forever, their legs genuinely could not carry them anymore. They fell down on the grass, laying still to catch their breath. For a while, it just stayed like that. It was comforting, at least for Keye. He smiled slightly, they both made it out alive! But the relief of being the only ones that hadn't died was only short. "... I'm going back." "What?" Keye pushed himself up and turned his head around to look at Lockelan. "You're joking, right? We can't go back, we have to find a way out of this- this place!" The look on Lockelans face suddenly became cold. "Keye... You know you won't make it out of here..." Keye frowned and gripped his head, everything was suddenly spinning. N̶o̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶!̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶It felt like he was back at the ruins as his boyfriend spoke up again. "Do you blame yourself, Gatekeeper? That's what you're called now, right? I'm sorry, it's been a hundred years since you left me to die." Ke- no, Gatekeeper felt tears well up in his eyes, choking back a sob as he apologized to his boyfriend. "I-I'm sorry Lockelan- I was a-a coward.. this is all my fault..." Lockelan smiled, yet something about it was off. "Don't worry, Gatekeeper. I'm still here, right? Your one and only lover, alive and well..." He nodded, the tears now rolling down his face. Lockelan held out his arms, pulling an absolutely wrecked Gatekeeper in for a hug. He just sobbed into h̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶n̶e̶e̶s̶ Lockelans chest, his shirt was dirty and full of snot and tears. Desperately clinging onto this strange version of his boyfriend, because deep down, Gatekeeper knew that even he wasn't real. None of this was. Lockelan was dead. His headache got worse, and he could feel his partner slipping away from him. He fell to the ground, hitting his head against something in the process.

Gatekeeper closed his eyes for a second, gritting his teeth before opening them again, and when he did, Lockelan was gone

Gatekeeper closed his eyes for a second, gritting his teeth before opening them again, and when he did, Lockelan was gone. He knew that he was never there, but it somehow hurt just like it did 100 years ago. He wasn't in the forest, sitting on grass, he was in the back room he spent so much wasted time researching in, sitting on a cold stone floor. Gatekeeper grabbed onto the edge of a table, and slowly pulled himself up. When he was finally standing on his feet, he turned around to look at the weird big tube in the middle of the room. There was nothing in there, there never was. He glanced at his reflection, and frowned. God, did he really look like that? So dirty, so messed up, so fucking pathetic. He shook his head. He shouldn't even see the light of day, the coward. ... although, theoretically, he could just... He glanced around the room and sighed i̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶a̶t̶. Nothing. Couldn't he just leave, though? He'd hate for anyone to see him like this, his friends had more important things to worry about. His friends... More and more people could call themselves that every day, it seemed. There was something unique about one of them, though. Gatekeeper frowned at the thought of them seeing him be this pathetic. He sighed again, and decided to take a shower. He hadn't done that in what felt like ages. He walked through the dark hallway, and opened the purple door. He grabbed his bathroom key from a crate and unlocked the door, immediately pulling it close again as soon as he entered. He sighed, before undressing and finally getting under the shower.

Gatekeeper sighed as he pulled back the hot handle on the shower. The water stopped falling down, and he stepped out of it. He accidentally stepped on a razorblade that was on the floor. "Fuck!" Gatekeeper grit his teeth, before sighing deeply and pushing the razorblade to the side with his still bleeding foot. He grabbed a towel to dry himself. He did about the minimum before throwing the towel in a corner and pausing to see himself in the mirror. It was better than before, but, he just looked so terrible nonetheless. His thoughts went back to the pain in his foot. God, could he really not handle a little pain? To be honest, he deserved it. He deserved to hurt. His gaze wandered towards the razorblade, as he slowly picked it up. He hesitated for a moment, before cutting his arm in a swift motion. He immediately flinched, letting go of the razorblade as it clattered against the sink. He frowned, ignoring the bleeding and the pain as he grabbed the razorblade again, his hand trembling. He closed his eyes and breathed in, before repeating the movement. His fist clenched the blade in his hand, blood staining his legs and the bathroom floor. Just one more swipe. You deserve it. He placed the razorblade on his leg this time, the pool of blood on the bathroom floor got bigger. Gatekeeper put the razorblade on the edge of the sink, panting heavily for a moment.

It took him a while to realize that he couldn't go anywhere like this

It took him a while to realize that he couldn't go anywhere like this. The blood would stain his clothes, and he really didn't need his friends to know about this. "Agh, damnit..." he cursed, opening a drawer and grabbing some bandages. He wrapped them around his wounds carelessly, just until he thought it would prevent his clothes from staining. He then carefully headed out of the bathroom, grabbing some spare clothes from a crate, and put them on. Now he looked presentable, at least. He grabbed his purple key from out of the bathroom, before locking it and heading back to the door it opened. He unlocked the door and went through the dark hall, only to be met with the sight of the last person he wanted to meet.