two

the volleyball matches had ended and you watched

as the team cheered together. you smiled, heading down with saiko, yachi, and shimida to meet the group. yamaguchi looked- tired, but he made it okay. daichi had a bruise on his face from being hit, but the team came out on top and won the matches. they qualified for the semi-finals and would go on to play shiratorizawa tomorrow.

the team came out and you walked over to noya and tanaka. "good job, you guys. you were fucking awesome!" you told them, patting them both on the back. noya smiled, and tanaka looked a little upset. "tanaka, you alright?"

"yeah, still feeling bad that i knocked daichi out for tthe rest of that game. we won, but i still feel really bad," tanaka explained, rubbing the back of his neck and looking at daichi. "i'm going to go apologize again. i'll be right back."

you looked at noya, and noya looked about as confused as you. "well, at least he feels bad about it, you know? but just let him be, he'll figure it out on his own," noya told you, gently grabbing your arm. "i know you want to tell him it's not your fault, but he has to hear it from daichi for him to be okay about it all."

you nodded, both you and noya watching tanaka. you moved your eyes over to tsukishima, who was watching yamaguchi and talking to him. you wanted to talk to tsukishima, but maybe you shouldn't. that was, until saiko gave you a shove and told you you should. noya let go of your arm and nodded. "go talk to him," noya said, shoving you gently as well. you nodded at him.

noya's eyes grew sad, knowing that you would never feel the same about him. but he wanted you to be happy, and if being with tsukishima made you happy, then so be it.

you walked over to tsukishima and yamaguchi, smiling at them. "hey, you guys were great out there," you told them. "you guys are awesome. yamaguchi, that jump float is amazing!"

"thanks, [name]," he said, face dropping. "i have to go to the bathroom, i'll be right back." you watched yamaguchi walked away, noticing the change in his behavior.

"anyways, tsukishima. you were great. you did a good job," you told the taller boy. "your blocks were great."

"it was nothing special, just the game," he replied. he scanned the crowd, hoping to see the other girl he invited but he didn't. "want to get dinner with me later?"

"sure! what time?"

"i don't know, i'm not sure what time we'll be back. i'll text you when we get home and you can meet me at a restaurant, sound good?"

"sure, i'll be there. i'm going to go back to talk to saiko. i'll see you later, tsukishima." you gave him a small wave and turned to head back to saiko, face filled with joy. noya wasn't around, he had to go somewhere with tanaka, so it was just you and saiko.

"hey, gorgeous, how'd it go?" she asked, swinging an arm around your shoulder. she was like a big sister to you, and you were glad.

"he asked me if i wanted to get dinner with him!" you squealed, holding your chest. "i'm so excited, this is the first time he's asked me to do anything like this."