three

a few days later, noya managed to see you in the hall alone,

and he took it as his chance to ask you out on a date. "hey, [name]?" he called, stopling you in your tracks. you turned around and looked at him with a smile.

"what's up, noya?" you replied, noticing how nervous he was. "hey, are you alright?" he came closer to you and nodded.

"yeah.m, i'm alright. i was just wondering if i could talk to you for a few minutes."

you nodded and you walked with him through the hallway and upstairs to the roof. "what did you want to talk to me about?" you asked, noticing he was stilk quite nervous.

"well, i wondered if you would like to go on a date with me?" he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, waiting for you to say something. you looked at him in shock, but then smiled.

"sure, i'd like that," you replied, watching his face go from nervous to excited.

"yay! okay, i'll text you the details later tonight," he said with a smile. he ran off, leaving you up on the roof alone. you set your bag on the ground and sat down next to it, watching the clouds.

you heard the door to the to the roof open and you heard footsteps. "oh, sorry, i didn't realize someone was up here," the voice said. you turned around to look at them. "oh, it's just you. hey, [name]."

"hi, daichi. how are you?" you asked as daichi sat down next to you. he smiled at you.

"i'm doing good, how're you doing?"

"well, i've definitely been better, but noya just asked me on a date so i'm pretty excited about that. i know he is, too, i watched him run off with excitement."

"i'm glad he finally did that. he's been talking about asking you on a date for weeks."

you laughed and looked at daichi. "why am i not surprised?"

daichi laughed along with you. "aside from that, how's the whole thing with tsukishima going? i've kinda picked up that there's something going on there."

"nothing's going on. he asked me out for dinner a few days ago and stood me up. i'm trying to get over him but it's really hard. of course, i don't want to use noya to get over tsukishima, but i would enjoy going on a date with him," you explained sadly. daichi was the captain of the volleyball team, so you knew he could pick up on things that other people couldn't.

daichi gave you a sad smile. "yeah, i've heard about him standing you up from noya and tanaka. i swear to god they don't stop talking about how mad tsukishima makes them. it's kind of funny, actually, because their anger makes them work harder in volleyball." daichi stretched his legs out and placed his arms behind his back, leaning on them. "but go on a date with noya, enjoy it. i'm sure it'll be fun. he's a great guy. even if you don't like him like that, you'll still enjoy it."