for better or worse.

Hagrid had a wild mess of dark bushy curls that framed his large round head. Something struck him as he glanced again at the two boys sitting there on the bed once Sirius had gone, Michael's head was rested on Harry's shoulder. Hagrid took a moment to get over himself before he was sniffling and putting on a nice smile for the twins.

"Hello, boys. I'll be takin' you away from 'ere" his voice was deep and louder than he probably realised, but he spoke with a fondness that had both boys looking up at him hopefully— for what, they weren't sure.

And soon, Michael and Harry Potter were wrapped up in Hagrids absurdly large overcoat as the man mounted the flying motorbike Sirius had lent him. Hagrid didn't exactly know where the other man was off to in such a hurry, but happily took him up on the bike offer, it would make taking the boys a lot easier.

The boys each looked over at their house as Hagrid got himself ready on the bike. He lifted off the ground, leaving Godric's Hollow and painfully taking the boys away from their home— not to revisit for a long time coming.

Even though the old motorcycle wasn't anywhere near a quiet vehicle, Hagrid found Michael and Harry falling asleep just at the went over Bristol. The sky was dark, a dingy headlight buzzing from the front being the only thing to give Hagrid a sense of direction as he flew over Britain, the streetlights of the towns below looking not much different that the stars in the night sky.

☆彡🌙----🐺ミ☆

There stood a tall, very thin and very old man, long silver hair trailing down his back partially hidden beneath a pointed purple hat, a long silver beard to match. The robes wrapped around his body were the same dark purple, a long cloak hanging off his shoulders. Eyes blue and bright, shining in the dark from behind his half-moon spectacles.

Albus Dumbledore was a wise wizard— the best wizard of all most would say, though tonight, peoples opinions were changing. For there seemed to be a new aspiring wizard, perhaps more powerful that Dumbledore and the Dark Lord completely. Harry Potter had put an end to the great wizarding war and was sure to have a great future in the magical world, noticed everywhere he goes.

But it was that reasoning exactly, that has brought Dumbledore to be standing on the street of Private Drive at such a late hour of the night. The street lamps around him were all off, completely enveloping him and the houses around in darkness— if anyone were to look out, they wouldn't see a thing.

Though, he wasn't the only strange person there. Two green eyes stuck out from the darkness and caught the man's attention, the sight brought amusement to him as he walked over to the cat, "Fancy seeing you here, Professor McGonagall"

The little tabby cat seemed to roll its eyes and suddenly it was no longer a small creature, rather an old woman— yet not as old as Dumbledore himself. She too had spectacles, small squares exactly the shape of dark markings of the fur around the cats eyes. The woman was wearing a deep emerald green coloured cloak with dark hair pulled up tight into a uniformed bun.

Minerva McGonagall straightened her clothes out and she's looked around the street cautiously, even though there was no way anyone could have seen her. Her careful eyes looked back at Dumbledore, "So I suppose You-Know-Who really has gone, Albus?"

"It certainly seems so, Minerva. We have much to be thankful for tonight" he said with a nod and chuckled slightly, "All wizards and witches around are celebrating as such"

And they had indeed, the wizarding population of Britain had been celebrating the great fall of the Dark Lord immensely. Most not seeming to care if the muggles noticed the odd change in owl behaviour or the unusual use of fireworks at this time of year. It had been all over muggle news stations after all. But who's to care when a decade of war is finally put to an end.