A Kiss in the Moonlight

***Robin Hawkthorne***

***Juliette***

The night progressed and so did my confidence. Harvey, being the cheeky devil he was, somehow managed to get the two of us a strong drink to ease the anxiety that consumed me. Someone told me that it had to do with Jaimie, whom by talking with him I was certain was far older than any of us. Either way, I took it gladly, disguising the spiked punch in a red solo cup. After a few refills the awkwardness that I had felt previously faded away. 

When the band was switched out, and the 90's rock music began to waft through the entirety of the venue I was surprisingly in the middle of it all, in the venter of the crowd of people dancing near the shore, The glow from the firepit along with the glowsticks that a few individuals wore around their heads, necks, and wrists lit up the dark side of the event. We were quite a distance away from the tents and activities from the festival, and even though the music was clear as day, the energy down here by the water was completely different. A controlled type of wild where our spirits, my spirit felt free. 

Maybe it was due to the hum of energy in the air, or maybe it was because of the buzz that overtook me, either way I found myself dancing along to the beat of the music with everyone, and no one at all. At some point I vaguely remember Harvey, Layla, and the men that they had coming with joining into the lively crowd, half of them dancing, the other half swaying back and forth wildly, singing along to the lyrics of the song. I moved to the beep, jumping up and down crazily when a loud, upbeat song came on. I felt more alive than I have in a long time. 

In the distance we could hear the band finish their song, the singer's voice coming over the speaker. "If it's alright with you guys, we're gonna play something a little bit slower." The man said. 

Multiple boos echoed around me as people raised their arms, their thumbs pointed down. Despite that, the song went on, most everyone finding a partner to dance with near the heat of the fire. I however, got out of their as soon as I could, dodging a random man that was about to approach me, a question in his face. Passing Harvey and Layla I successively got out of the circle of people fluidly swaying from side to side.