Dreaded Time of the Month

Prompt: Clare gets her first period.

(TW: Blood)

Requested by koalaSIR

Parent AU

No one's POV

Neither did Dream nor George expected this to happen.

So does Clare.

She was only 12 years old.

When she woke up with an awful feeling this morning.

She felt some sort of dampness under her bed sheets.

At first, she thought she had wet the bed.

Which made her feel embarrassed to show her parents.

But then, when she stood up panicked, ready to pull the sheets to her bathroom to clean it up, all she saw was a red stain instead of a wet spot.

And that's when she screamed out.

Dream and George quickly heard it, as they both ran upstairs to her bedroom.

As soon as they both came in through the door, they saw Clare huddled in her blanket, as if she's trying to hide something.

When George was the first one to ask her about it, she only shook her head and said that he might get upset at her.

But Dream and George assured that they won't and that they both want to help her.

Clare slowly stood up, her head down low, while her hands gripped on her blanket.

George got too worried and instantly pulled the other end of the blanket.

When George saw the small blood stain, he gasped, but then sighed a bit in relief.

He knew something about this would definitely happen to other girls, even Clare, so he was slightly prepared when something like this would happen.

And what about Dream? Well, not really.

He stood there, still shocked as he watched George take Clare to the bathroom.

Dream didn't know what to do, so he followed after them.

But George stopped him at the door.

Dream got confused, but George asked him if he could get some napkins from the store, quick, while he helped Clare.

Dream didn't even need to answer when he was already out the door, keys in his hand, as he headed towards his car.

He was worried for his daughter, too.

When he reached the store, he walked through aisles, looking for what George had told him to buy.

And he had to admit, he felt kind of shy asking a female worker there where the pads were after explaining the situation.

But the worker assured him that it was fine and that she had already experienced some boys asking her the same question for their girlfriends back home.

After she pointed towards the aisle where the feminine products were, Dream thanked her and went there.

He wasn't sure which napkin he had to get since he saw that there were different brands and a lot of kinds of how long each pack is.

So, Dream went ahead and got the one that says with back leak protection overnight. That seemed just about right to him.

He paid for it at the cashier, before he quickly got back in his car and drove home.

Luckily, when he rushed back upstairs with the paper bag in his hand, George was already there waiting for him and for Clare to finish taking a shower in her bathroom.

Dream saw that George had already removed the stained bedsheet and replaced it with a new one.

He also saw that he held neatly folded clothes on his lap for Clare to wear.

"Is she okay?" Dream asked, slowly sitting next to George on the bed.

"Yeah," George answered, "she kind of panicked, but I told her that everything will be okay,"

They both quickly turned their heads when they heard the bathroom door open.

Clare was standing there peeking her head out. She was specifically looking at George.

George then remembered. He stood up and grabbed the napkin from Dream, and the clothes he was holding.

Dream watched, as George locked himself and Clare in the bathroom, assuming he was gonna help her.

He waited for a while, until he eventually heard a click from the door.

George stepped out first, with Clare following after him sluggishly.

When George got Clare to sit on her bed, he asked, "Do you feel anything?"

"Kinda?" Clare spoke, a bit confused.

"Do you feel like- something hurts or-?" Dream interrupts.

"No, not really,"

But who knew she would be so wrong, when she woke up a bit late two days later.

Clare sat up groggily when she suddenly felt slight stomach pain.

She immediately had the urge to go to the bathroom, and she did so.

George had already taught her how to properly put on a napkin, and it seems like she needed to do it again when she noticed how heavy her flow was.

After she was done, she washed her hands and went downstairs to meet her dads in the living room.

George was the first one to take notice of her presence, "Hi, sweetie, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, but my tummy hurts," she spoke out.

He stood up and went to her, "Where does it hurt?"

She pointed her finger over her stomach.

"Okay, I'll be right back," George offered her to sit next to Dream on the couch, while he went upstairs to get something.

Dream turned his head to look at her. He had already did some research about this and he felt kind of bad that she has to experience this.

Clare somehow still felt tired, so she promptly laid her head on his shoulder, but Dream didn't mind it.

Instead, he wanted her to feel more comfortable, so he fixed his sitting position and took one of the cushions, before letting her head rest on the pillow on his lap.

Clare turned around, so her head was facing Dream.

It was evident for him that her face still expressed pain.

Dream could only caress her hair and rub her back comfortingly, while they both waited for George.

George came back with a bottle in his hand.

Clare asked him what it was, while he approached her and crouched down next to her.

George asked her if he can lift her shirt up, and she said yes.

He explained that the bottle was some sort of liniment to help her relieve her stomach pain.

After George applied some on her abdomen, she thanked him and lowered her shirt back down.

Dream and George watched her slowly relax, her hands still on her stomach.

This may be the start of her reaching her puberty, but they were both determined to help her get through it.

(this is just based from my experience, except its my own mom who's only helping me at that time 😭)