My struggle

Hii again

★For both practical living in the world as well as more inner spiritual practices, Viveka, or discernment, brings clarity and true perception, whereas judgment merely serves the illusions of our minds. We believe ourselves as better or worse than others when we judge, and therefore can never experience true inner peace.

★: I've been having a hard time between this two thing cause I've been praying to God to give me discernment to know what it is right
And as for judgement I used to do this alot back then..

★Matthew 7 :: NIV. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged

★So I've been thinking that I might confuse my judgement for discernment.

But there is also this

★John 7:24 which says, “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” Righteous judgment sees sin for what it is, and it is not afraid to point out!

★Sorry for this kind of messed explanation I'm not really good at giving explanation

The need to distinguish things

At the same time, we can easily fall into the trap of swinging to the opposite extreme.  Without some way to determine what’s good and not so good, standards disintegrate.  The truth is, some people do certain things better than others.  Not everyone can be a great artist, although we can all enjoy creating our own art. Some swimmers are faster than others, but even if we don’t win the Olympics we can still enjoy a dip in the pool.  Hurting another person intentionally is wrong, period (taking circumstances into consideration).  We can’t avoid altogether distinguishing things from each other.

What’s the difference?

Discernment may seem like judgment, but the difference between these two approaches to life is significant.  The dictionary definitions of the two terms shed some light.

Judgment:  “an opinion or estimate, criticism or censure, power of comparing or deciding”.  Judgment implies a power differential – I perceive myself to have power over you when I judge you (for example, “you’re a loser!”).  Judgment feeds the ego’s deception of being better (or worse) than someone or something else.  Judgment assumes that the person judging has the power and right to determine what is good or bad in general, not just from their point of view.  It usually comes from a reactive place inside of us, like a knee-jerk when the doctor strikes the mallet on that joint – it’s unconscious.  Judgment also has a sense of finality, like a sentence being passed.  We know what it’s like to feel judged by someone else:  it sticks to you like duct tape, and at times you find yourself feeling the pain of that condemnation days or even years later.

Discernment, however, is a more personal and conscious approach.  It’s the cognitive ability of a person to distinguish what is appropriate or inappropriate.  With discernment we make good choices for ourselves, and for the good of others.  Webster’s dictionary says that to discern is to “separate (a thing) mentally from another or others; recognize as separate or different” and “to perceive or recognize; make out clearly”.  Discernment is described as “keen perception; insight; acumen”.  Viveka, the Sanskrit word for discernment, is about seeing things as they are. Insight is seeing into something, from our inner self, not from outer rigid standards, opinions, or social pressures.  When we use Viveka, we are tapping into something much deeper than our egos passing judgment.  We are using the ability to perceive clearly.

Reaction is judgment

Viveka is not an easy practice.  We’re much more used to our reactive, judging minds.  “What a jerk!”  “This sucks!” “Stupid people!” “He’s always incompetent”  “That (fill in the blank) is so wrong/bad/etc.”  Case closed, mind made up, and that person, thing, religion, culture – whatever – has been condemned.  This is often a reaction from insecurity, fear, jealousy, or ignorance.  If we felt confident in our ability to speak, we wouldn’t spend too much time criticizing the way others say things.  If we understood the essence of the other religions of the world and saw that, despite their differences, they all have a similar bottom line – be good to each other and a good human being – there would be little to fear from that understanding.

★I got this from a site★

If u have anything to help me with this feel free to comment ♡♡

Wanna add this

Prayer for u

Amen

V.♡